“Amazing March Break special”

Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Kemptville
“Amazing March Break special”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took advantage of your March Break special and brought my 3 grandchildren to your hotel for 3 nights and was amazed at the number of activities that were scheduled for the children. There was not a minute where I heard "I'm bored". Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff were extremely friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel for a family getaway especially during the March break. I will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Kim, thank you for posting your comments and describing your families experience here during March break. Our team really works hard to create activities to keep all of our "young" guests entertained during their stay with us.

We hope to see you again much sooner then next year's March break. Please check our website for other "Family Special Days and Weekends" coming up throughout the year.

If you are looking for more specific information please contact myself personally.

Venicio (Vinnie ) Rebelo
Direct Line 613 541 4676

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Toronto
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I spent one night here as I had to travel to Kingston for work.

The hotel is near the highway, there is free parking onsite, checking in and out was easy, though there isn't much in terms of good food nearby and it's still a 5 to 10 minute drive to the downtown area where there are some better restaurants.

The restaurant on site opens at 7:00am. Though the morning I was there they were a little late in opening. The food itself was just ok, but the staff were friendly and the service was quick.

I made use of the pool and hot tub one evening, and thought those facilities were pretty standard.

The rooms look like they have been renovated, though I think the duvets/covers could use an update.

Overall, I though it was a good hotel for a short business stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HI Anita, thank you for you for posting your comments. I am pleased that you were happy with the overall experience during your recent visit. I hope that next time you come and stay with us we can truly delight you. Please contact myself personally to arrange your next visit to Kingston.

We look forward to serving you once again.

Calgary
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was recently working as a volounteer at a competition for 300+ law students held at this venue. I have never been to a property that was so welcoming and accomodating. The personalized service and professionalism was second to none! Clearly this is a well managed facility as I did not meet one employee who did not have a happy smile or a willing hand to help at all times. In my many years of experience as an event organizer I was absolutely overwhelmed with the hospitality that was extended to our group. I would highly recommend this as a business or convention destination for any group. Well done Ambassador Staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
HI Kathie.. Wow.. thank you for wonderful comments..We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Kingston and the services and facilities at the Ambassador. We are very proud of our team and I will ensure that I share your comments with all of them. We hope that you will have a chance to once again visit our wonderful city sometime in the near future.

Vernon
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had to go to Kingston last week due to health problems of a family member who resides in Kingstonl.
It was a rush trip and we stopped at the hotel to make reservations. I guess my face must have given something away, the person at the reception desk said I looked sad, and could he get me a drink, coffee, tea ect. When they learned why I was there they gave us a room in a quite part of the hotel. I was also given a little box of Jelly Beans to snack on. I certainly appreciated the way I was treated by the staff. It turns out the person who waited on me was the manager of the shift.
It is amazing how someone going a little out of their way can mean so much to someone.

We had stayed at this hotel before, and enjoyed it, now it will be the only one we stay at when we
are in Kingston. The hotel is clean and comfortable.

I hope you all have the same experience with the staff as I did. I felt they went above and beyond their
duty!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hi Sue7809.. Thank you very much for submitting your review of the service you recieved during your recent visit to Kingston, albeit for a very difficult time for you.. I am glad that we were able to provide a small bit of respite from your stressful situation.

I do hope you are able to come back to visit Kingston on a more pleasurable occasssion in the very near futurt.

I do hope all goes well for you and your family and if there is anything I can personally due to ease the burden you are facing please let me know..

Best regards

Almonte, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently booked two rooms at the Ambassador for a family weekend getaway. The rooms were updated, comfortable and very clean. We had an amazing stay at the Ambassador enjoying the pool, hot tub, splash pad and the wonderful breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. All staff members were cheerful, friendly and very helpful. As we were travelling with 2 small children (4 months and 2 years) we made several requests that would make our stay more enjoyable. These requests were quickly met and with a follow-up of "Is there anything else we can do?" I highly recommend the Ambassador as a great hotel to stay at when visiting Kingston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hi Bonnie.. thank you very much for submitting your review.. We are delighted that your recent visit was enjoyable and our team looked after all your needs.

We hope to see you back again very soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Reservations/rates: simple, excellent rates available through "Entertainment Book". Approx $60 per room per night.

Location: convenient to train station, central in kingston (however it is not downtown if that is what you are looking for.)

Rooms: recently renovated, in very good shape, comfortable. We stayed in "comfort class" rooms - they were exactly the same as the pictures on the web site.

Restaurants: there is an onsite but we did not get an opportunity to try it. The morning coffee in the lobby was appreciated. Nearby is a Tim hortons, and Aunt Lucy's which was very good.

Pool: very nice indoor complex with pool, hot tub, water slide, and spashpad.

Overall, very pleased. We will stay here the next time we visit kingston.

• Stayed March 2013
Hotelmanager1550, Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for submitting your review.. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Kingston and your stay with us.. We do hope you come again very soon. In the summer months Kingston is bustling with activity, Thousand Island Boat Tours, Haunted Walks, Sir John A Historic Walks, Sunset Ceremonies at Fort Henry and numersous Festivals such as Buskers and Blues.
Check our website for more information .

Please let me know the next time you plan to visit our wonderful city..

London, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you are in business and thinking of a venue for a conference, be certain to contact the good folks at the Ambassador Conference Centre in Kingston Ontario.
Accommodations (both sleeping and meeting rooms) are ideally suited to all sizes of gathering.
Food and beverage services are equally well provided for.
Staff are professional and most delighted to make an event smooth, well-run and well thought out. Attendees are very pleasantly surprised.
The whole region is very pleasant to visit in the 'off-hours', making for a great experience over-all.
Located 3 minutes from 401, 10 minutes from Kingston's downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side, over-look a protected nature habitat.