“Great Place to Stay”

Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel could be a model of how to do it for several chains. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was spotless. The front desk was courteous and even though they did not have coffee in the morning--offered to get me one since I am an early riser. I did not use the watermark (slides etc) in the hotel but if I had been travelling with children I am sure it would have been a hit. The only negative would be that breakfast is not included with the room but the restaurant on site served a very nice breakfast ( do not know what the other meals are like). It was slightly on the pricey side though. Overall this was a very good hotel and would definitely consider it again if going to Kingston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Did not know where to stay in Kingston? Was reading bad reviews for this hotel? After further investigation I believe all the bad reviews were in the older section not the new renovated side. Stayed here with my husband and one other couple, rooms were clean, spacious and also with a fridge. For the price its good, Don't expect the Trump Towers or anything! DO MAKE SURE you ask for West wing, the new renovated section!! Had drinks at the bar, staff very friendly and not bad prices. Decided to go for supper in JM's in the hotel as we did not want to drive anywhere?? We have never minded paying good money for good food! This is So So, prices ok, maybe a little overpriced? Had wings, very meaty but little taste, husband had fish, pretty good, only enough to feed a child? girlfriend had filet, not bad but had to send back as it was not cooked to her liking, was rare good for me but not her? Take a cab and go downtown, probably make you happier?

Room Tip: Choose new renovated part
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The digital sign out front says " come home to The Ambassador " and its the truth. From the moment I walked in the door service was professional and friendly. From the front desk staff,bartenders,servers and houskeeping staff I was treated as more than just a customer and they made my 6 week stay there feel likie my second home. After only a few days all knew me by name and even the owners took time to get aquainted and spend time with me.
A special thank you to Jonathan Robello and the front desk staff who suprised me with a goodbye dinner in the private dinning room on the my last night there. I will remember my stay at the Ambassador and the friends I made there for many years to come and I would'nt think of staying anywhere else next time I am in Kingston.

Room Tip: The King Suite with jacuzzi and shower is my favourite room but the business class rooms are spaciou...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We planned a family get together with all our cousins and had an awesome time. The kids just loved the pool and waterslides. The price was good, good value for the money. Service was friendly, couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lezlie D
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Staff are lovely, rooms are lovely and the location is perfect.

I run a business in town and frequently have people come to visit. When they do, I tell them to stay here. Consistently wonderful. We have used them many times and will continue too. I even used it as a night away for my fiance and I. Beautiful spa in the room and great service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

On business, stayed for two nights, fifth floor suite, room was very nice. Only problem was the new movie system resulted in remotes that were unresponsive. One call to the front desk and a service man was there with universal remote that solved the problem. Food was excellent, as was the staff, in particular the front desk crew. Work desk was large, chair was adjustable and comfortable, not the usual the case in most hotels, and easy access to wireless service which was another plus.

After many years of staying downtown, the free parking, and the proximity to my destinations was a bonus.

Had all the amenities we needed, and then some.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The fifth floor rooms come with fridge included the room rate, but don't stay in the rooms that face the pool. There's no window to the outdoors, and you're a victim to the noise of the pool and any banquets/weddings happening on the concourse below the rooms. And bring a power bar - all the available outlets are already in use with lamps. The furniture and linens were new and nice; the carpet needed a really good vacuuming.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends