“Cozy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Bay, Canada
“Cozy”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

It's a small hotel with cozy rooms. Both the bar and the restaurant serve good food, the rooms are clean and quiet. It's comfortable for an overnight stay. I wouldn't choose this hotel for a "getaway" or "special occasion", but it's certainly good for business accommodation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This hotel met all my expectations to the food, rooms and service.
I stayed here on business and as soon as I opened the door to my room noticed a fire place although it was a electric one it was still cozy and had the feel of a real one. I love the beds and the rooms

Service was great, people at the front desk were very friendly although I was asked for a credit card when the rooms were already taken care of which kind of threw me off a little bit, but it was no big deal, and when i went back doen to ask why she didn't ask anyone else.. she simply replied "Well I just ddn't want to ask anyone else as I was just going to get the dame response"

there were different types and sizes of rooms, some had leather couches some had wing chairs and come had canapy beds and closets.. They were cozy roomy and very well kept. were decorated out of date but had the cottage feel to them, with book shelves with books and with a out dated wall paper.. but very clean.

This hotel you can tell was an older structure but had been re done and renoed.

very nice ..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Fake fireplace , noise from other guests, mediocre food, limited tv channels, room small for the price. Next time Holiday Inn

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Candu_scuba
Kansas
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room. Nice fireplace...weather to hot to use however. Good beds, very clean. free internet easy to access, coffee maker in room. On site resturant was good and service excellent. We will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neodesha
ontario
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Since I'd recently joined the points program for Best Western, when we drove into Kingston on our way down east we decided to stay at this location. Luckily they had a few vacancies has we had no reservation. Our room was nice, flat screen, fake fireplace, great water pressure. The bed was comfortable and the wifi signal was strong. There was REAL creme in the fridge for coffee in the morning. That is important, since the sign advising that is small and easy to miss. About a 10 minute drive to the downtown waterfront area, close to a Tim's and a few gas stations. Room was a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. The air worked very well and there was an inroom safe. Pool is outdoors, but I think it's heated. Didn't use it since there was a storm that hit as soon as we returned from dinner, but the pool area was nice and the water was clear and looked clean. I didn't hear any noise from any other guests at any time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starrygirl01
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Currently it is 4am and I've been awake since 11 since the people above me are awake. They aren't being loud, yet I can hear every word ever laugh and it's so loud it's like they are in my room. I called the front desk to complain (to which they were surprised since they were only having regular conversation). Then, I got to listen to them have sex. This is great since I have a long drive in the morning and now it will be dangerous on virtually no sleep.

So, if you want a good nights rest...go elsewhere, there is no integrity to the walls here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tvmm
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here with our soccer team while on a tournament in Kingston. The hotel staff were very accomodating and helpful throughout our two day stay. We wanted to get the whole team plus parents to eat together, but the restaurant at the hotel couldnt take 44 people all at once.We ended up ordering in pizza and chilaxing by the pool for the evening. Hotel manageent had no problem with us bringing in our own food, in return we bought drinks from the bar..easy!.Food at the hotel wasnt bad although the fries were very brown and tasteless, the rest of it was fine.Breakfast was good, pricing was between $10-15 depending on what you order. The hotel also has it as complimentary depending on your room type/price. Our rooms were best internet price and didnt include breakfast, some parents were convinced it did when they booked including myself,but I guess we didnt read the site properly.
Rooms were very good, we had a 100 level room with a view of the pool (great pool!), the furniture was probably older and a few scratches and knocks, but it was real wood and still functioned as it should do. The room had a huge fireplace as well and had a cosy feeling to it. Beds we found to be very comfortable, air conditioning worked well and our unit was not all noisy. Bathroom was small, but looked to be recently renovated, showers were excellent, and overall was very clean and tidy.
Considering how close this hotel is to the main road, it was very quiet with hardly any noticeable road noise.
This hotel is great value compared to the downtown places and should not be overlooked. We will be returning again to the Fireside!

• Stayed July 2010