“Great service and accomodations for the price!”

Best Western Fireside Inn
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love staying at this location, the whirlpool sweets are so relaxing and luxurious and fit my budget. At my last stay the employee working in the office noticed I hadn't been given the special they were running because I booked through the national call center and let me know I could save money and get a bottle of wine with chocolate strawberry's. I was happy with the price already! The only downside was that there is a room service menu in the room but no room service was available?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great quality stay and an awesome upgrade. Staff are pleasant and helpful.

My only disappointment was the meal in the Bistro - the lamb was very disappointing, braised and covered in a tasteless brown gravy served over lentils. This was brought to the attention of the server to be relayed to the Chef and was mentioned again on check out. It was embarrassing as I had a supper guest and the meal proved to be a let down. I would not eat there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank DLC54
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed here three times in the past year and with each visit we have been very impressed with one or more staff members. From check-in to the cleaning staff to those in the restaurants everyone was very welcoming and helpful. The beds are always comfortable and the whole facility very well maintained.

Room Tip: Be specific about what you are looking for when asking for accommodation.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie J
Reviewed December 30, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank SUSAN S
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed at this cozy Inn many times over the past twenty years. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have been updated over the years yet maintained their coziness. It's like coming back home. The staff was very friendly. The room was clean, well decorated and spacious. We loved the fireplace in the room. The rate was very reasonable( in fact, I don't think it has changed much in the last twenty years!) and it included a breakfast buffet- an added bonus. :)
We also enjoyed an incredible dinner at the restaurant on premises. I'm always looking forward to staying at this cozy Inn. Well done!! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Adkfamily
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a suite and loved our stay. Staff very friendly and helpful. The Inn is older but kept up and clean. It's sometimes the little things that count. My wife has a favourite white face cloth she takes when she travels. Cleaning staff accidentally took it (the Inn's are white too). They found it and it came back, cleaned. It's a little thing. But it's the little things that separate great service from mediocre.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We work very hard, and rarely get time away these days. So in September, we decided to book some time off work, and went to Kingston for the weekend.

Years ago, I stayed at the BW Fireside Inn 3 times in the past and I loved it. This time, not so much. Definitely not worth the money this time around. Going downhill IMO.

I understand that the rooms have indoor hottubs, but the stench of mold was just too much.

The whole time, any time we were in our room, I was stuffed up because of the mold. it aggravated my sinuses tremendously.

The bed however, was a big king size, very comfortable bed and we both loved it.

We had problems with our room service. Our breakfast never showed up and it took about 30 minutes to get to us after we called asking where it was. You hang your order on your door, and they never even came down to our end of the hotel to get ours. It was so disappointing to wake up expecting breakfast at our door, not only to not have anything there, but to have to deal with calling and waiting....

I was also quite annoyed that when I booked the room, I was told a certain price, and package, but when I arrived, I was told something completely different. I right away complained and the manager did take care of it. He was great, unfortunately I can't remember his name. Also, when checking out, We found some hidden costs we were not told about up front. Again, the manager did fixed this right away, but it's still not nice to have it happen in the first place.

We tried to eat int he Bistro with no such luck, so that was disappointing. We stood around, there was not only nowhere to sit, but not one staff member even acknowledged us. So we just left and went downtown.

It's a shame to say I doubt I'll ever return. It was one of my favourite places before, but it's seriously outdated and smelly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple