“Most Enjoyable!”

Best Western Fireside Inn
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stopped for a day/night in Kingston to show my husband the city (had never visited) last August. We found the room to be lovely; impeccably clean, stylish, with great beds. The service was great. Overall I would recommend visitors to stay here. J&J Bird (Gulf Islands, BC)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
BWFireside, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fireside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your previous visit to our property. We really appreciate any feedback and use it as guide to consider various opinions in order to continuously improve our services. I would like to personally thank you once again for all your comments and hope to welcome you back once again in the near future to our lovely hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed in Kingston for a business trip last month & stayed at the Best Western Fireside Inn.
It was a good decision.
My room had a fireplace & a great four poster bed.
The fireplace was excellent on a cold & snowy January night. The bed provided a night of peaceful sleep. Very comfortable.
The Best Western also provided a free breakfast.
I will return.

Room Tip: Get a room with a four poster bed.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
BWFireside, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fireside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

We have read your comments and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guest's satisfaction is our main priority. We believe it is perks like complimentary breakfast, onsite business and fitness center, and free wifi that truly add value for our business travelers. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

First time at this hotel, the rooms are comfortable, interesting decor, beds are good, washroom was clean, nice shower head, fireplace is a nice touch but it did not give off any heat.Room could use some sound proofing, could hear doors closing and next room using washroom, but I have definitely had worse.
Front counter staff is very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the price, made to order, was ok.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BWFireside, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fireside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

We were very disappointed that we failed to offer you the true Fireside Inn experience. Making all our guests feel like they are staying in their "home away from home" is what we are about at the Fireside Inn. Please let me know if you would like to return and I will ensure that your booking is taken care of.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Our first stay at this hotel was our first time in Kingston, back in 2002 (approx). Since then , we have been back multiple times and have always been pleased. The rooms are clean, cozy, and comfortable. Fireplace adds to the ambiance and the hot tub rooms are a nice option as well. We have never stayed in any of the "Fantasy Suites", so we can't comment on those. There are definitely cheaper places to stay in KIngston, but this is a good choice. The two on-site restaurants have different themes and menus, but both are quite good.
When we visit KIngston in summer, we tend to favor the waterfront area. In other seasons, the Best Western Fireside Inn is where you'll find us.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We arrived after being on the road for 8 hours to find that the computers were down. We wanted to redeem our Best Western points and were told we had to book the room over the phone, never had to do that before! I called from the parking lot on my cell phone to find out that it cost 32,000 points I've never had to use more than 24,000. We should have left then but decided to spend the night and leave in the morning. I booked the room using a government discount.

The room was dark, the air conditioner was old and noisy, the bed seemed to be a regular double and not a queen. We were too tired to do more than just crash for the night.

In the morning we were surprised to discover that breakfast was not included because I used my government discount. Looking at the menu ($3.00 for a coffee) it would have been cheaper to pay the full price. I have travelled all over Ontario and the northern US and have never had to pay for breakfast at a Best-western.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Tyrell5506
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The good thing about this place is that it has two restaurants.... a "pub" style venue and a more formal dining room, where they serve breakfast (included in my deal). So, no trogging around the empty wastelands to find somewhere to eat when you check in late!

They've made an effort to be different with the rooms, too, by putting an electric "flame effect" unit in the corner. Flat screen TV, fridge, reasonable bathroom.... clean.

I notice someone commented earlier on the bed.... I have to say, I did not manage to sleep in mine! I have no idea what it was, but I tossed and turned all night and could not drop off. Was it the bed? It felt a bit "hard", but not that bad... but I could just not get comfortable!

The staff were great, really welcoming without being "have a nice day" insincere!

All in all it felt a bit "cottagey", but that is no bad thing.

Just be warned, while the hotel is entirely smoke free (and it can be a long walk to the exit!!) they do allow pets. I have pets myself, and am glad to see hotels accommodate them. However, on this occasion I could have quite happily booted the mutt next door into the street as it would not stop barking, and the sound proofing isn't that good! Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep!

Room Tip: If you smoke, get a room near an exit! If you want to sleep, insist you're not next to a guest w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank geedee7
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Rooms were large and clean. Reasonably priced. However, if given the choice, I would stay closer to the tourist areas by the water.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
BWFireside, Director of Sales at Best Western Fireside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you, for taking the time to post to trip advisor, we appreciate your support and comments