TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,115 results
All reviews outdoor pool breakfast buffet overlooking the water front desk staff kingston waterfront wolfe island city hall bit dated water front heart of downtown hotel restaurant princess street fort henry balcony dox pillows washroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a last minute stop on our way home. The rooms were a bit dated and the bathroom was small, but I found the room to be very clean and the bed comfortable. Loved the location. Great area to walk around to look at architecture, catch a boat ride, and get a bite to eat.

Date of stay: October 2019
HIKingstonwaterfront, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello WindingBrookFarm,

Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this property a couple of times while on business in the area. Price is the only reason that I do stay here because the rate is approx half of what the other hotels on the river are posting.
Dated property with old wallpaper that is coming off the walls and small bathrooms
WiFi is very slow which makes a big difference for those of us who need a solid connection for business
Parking on site is expensive ($22) per night but not many other options if you come with a vehicle
Service was friendly and accommodating but in this case the good service didn’t offset the other downfalls on this old hotel

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello sambT9802VG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback from your stay with us. I am happy to share that we will start renovations later this year in our hotel that will update and modernize our guest rooms and common area's. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when the reno's are complete to so you can see the changes.

Reviewed September 29, 2019

I must say the service is normally fantastic when I come here for meetings etc. The hotel is located right downtown in beautiful Kingston. The corner room has an amazing view of the water and is very spacious. The hotel rooms do need some TLC but overall the hotel typically makes up in other ways.

However, my recent stay has me thinking I may never return for an overnight stay.
My husband an daughter used the pool during our stay, and sadly my daughter was injured... nothing too serious but to a child close to 5 in age it's serious, and you add blood?! it's like the end of the world. A few days later she was still complaining her leg hurt.
I'm disappointed with the how the staff initially responded to the incident, to be honest had a very nonchalant attitude. However, when my husband went back outside the staff member advised him that he don't know how it could have happened but that a sign was now up to address the issue and they would be looking to repair.. I think this staff member could have been much more empathetic to my daughter in the first place and could have shown initial authentic concern. I was incredibly disappointed.
Perhaps this person was new?

Typically when I visit this hotel the staff are great. They pay close attention to allergies, ensure their spaces are clean and they welcome you with a friendly and helpful manner.

This hotel is close to amazing restaurants and other businesses. Give it a try and you decide!

Room tip: Corner room by the lake. Spectacular views and spacious.
Date of stay: September 2019
HIKingstonwaterfront, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Hello Roxy20199,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We were so happy to read that you have enjoyed your previous stay with us and would like to apologize for the lack of assistance and empathy our staff member showed when your daughter was injured. We will be following up with the staff on during your stay and providing additional coaching and training as we certainly expect better of our staff. We appreciate your feedback as it is the best way for us to follow up and improve upon the service and experience for our guests.

Thank you again for your review and I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

We got checked in early for our 1 night stay. Room lived up to its 3 stars. The furnishings and decor were a little dated but the room was clean. They had a mini fridge in the room. The hotel is located close to most tourist attractions within walking distance and to the main strip of eateries and shops. The downside was the room we got was a little bit noisy, we could hear people walking past and doors slamming all night. Also, the thick heavy curtains did not have runners to allow it to be closed completely over the window. There was only a sheer curtain covering the window, so in the evenings I'm sure people on the wharf can see inside your hotel room.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello shellzTravels,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and were glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and our downtown location. I am sorry about the additional hallway noise you experienced while you were with us. You review has been shared with our management team so we can follow up and do better in the future. The black out curtain in our guest rooms are located behind the sheer and the decorative side panel. They do sometimes get pushed to the side enough that they are hidden behind the decorative curtain and guests do not see them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Kingston.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

I once liked this hotel, but as it stands right now it is in a desperate need of renovations, and housekeeping staff need some more training. Our friends room had potato chips on the floor, sand in the chair (I guess because we were in the lower level)coffee maker was dirty and their fridge was filthy! Both theirs and ours bathrooms were dirty (hair on the floor and soap scum on the tray and mirror. The drains are rusted, the bathroom door doesn't shut and part if the vanity is coming away from the wall. We requested housekeeping come back to vacuum at 5 pm, while we went for dinner which they did and finally finished by 6:30. We had to ask for drinking glasses and coffee, as they had not been supplied.The only thing positive I have to say about this hotel is the front desk staff were pleasant and accommodating when we canceled our second night here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2019

Hello Dice2008,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want our hotel to be your go to lodging choice in the area, and I am sorry that the room cleanliness fell below expectations during your recent visit. I have alerted the hotel housekeeping team regarding your comments, to ensure thorough and regular inspection of the rooms. I trust that the actions taken will improve your next stays with us.

I hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,