My wife and I stayed at the Waterfront Holiday Inn for two nights last week. We were also there about this time last year. What attracted us to this hotel is the balconies overlooking downtown Kingston and Lake Ontario.The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Kingston and you are able to walk to many restaurants and shops.We had a room overlooking the lake on the 5th floor.The hotel is going through a major renovation right now and the room was great. New, clean, large LCD TV, comfortable king size bed, and a "heated bathroom floor". The staff that we encountered were very friendly and personable, saying good morning and inquiring as to our plans for the day, offering tips and suggestions. We did not eat in the hotel this trip but they have a restaurant on the 6th floor. We had a great lobster supper nearby at the Keg which we walked to. We felt perfectly safe walking around the downtown day and night. In two days and nights I only saw one person which I would describe as " homeless". A far cry from what you see in Toronto or other smaller cities in Southern Ontario. The hotel has a large outdoor pool and I believe indoor as well but we did not use either.The elevators are very small but worked quickly and we never had to wait a long time. This hotel is more expensive than others up by the highway, but you are paying for the location and the view. We stayed mid week and took advantage of their current Shades of Summer promotion. I see below complaints of the "doggie rooms'. We did notice an awful lot of dogs in the hotel area , not sure if they were all staying there. There was no evidence of any problems during our stay. I also read a review last year regarding the bird poop on the balconies. Yes we saw this last summer but last week our balcony was spotless. The outdoor parking costs $12.00 per day and there is a Tims right beside the lot. One disappointment is that their waterside outdoor patio/restaurant is temporarily closed for renovations.
The bottom line is, Yes, we had a great stay and won't hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront Hotel is centrally located in historic downtown Kingston, Ontario. We are elated to unveil Kingston's beautiful bedrooms and superior amenities, and our personal and friendly service sets us apart from other Kingston, Ontario hotels. We are also home to Kingston's premier conference facilities, specializing corporate events, meetings and weddings. Conveniently located steps away from Kingston's waterfront, the K-Rock Center (.42km)for concerts and Kingston Frontenacs games, 1000 Island Cruises (.25km), Kingston General Hospital (2.06km), Queen's University (1.53km), boutiques and downtown venues, the Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront hotel is The Place to Meet. We are proud to present DOX Restaurant & Bar with (seasonal) patio overlooking Lake Ontario. Dox Restaurant & Bar features a delicious breakfast menu and is the perfect place to meet for a luncheon meeting or a gourmet romantic dinner for two. For relaxation, guests of our Kingston hotel enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Whether you're coming to Kingston on business, looking to hold a meeting or event, or getting away for a family vacation, the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront is your hotel of choice. We look forward to being "At Your Service"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Ontario