We booked directly with hotel while enroute to Kingston. Phone reservations handled very smoothly. Upon arrival, smooth sailing at front desk, and we were given a quiet floor (4th) upon our request (a bus load of Germans were coming in - party party party). Room was very nice. Furniture/carpet abit roughed up, but overall, main thing is the bed. Comfy.
Continental breakfast in AM was interesting. Due to perhaps the bus group. Staff were taking the heat from other customers and I believe understaffed - which isn't fair to the staff. We winged it on our own (got coffee from reservation desk area) - grabbed a plate - did our own thing. Sadly, we were never seen to by a server ourselves, which often is the case with us in hotels. We seem to blend in with the furniture. <lol>
Great outdoor swimming pool - if you're not into swimming - pull up a lounge chair - and just stare out into the lake and pretend you're on a sailboat :)
Many thanks to the room cleaner, who when we came back from breakfast to discover we'd forgotten our pass key - asked us a few questions to verify who we were - and viola - she let us in (left her a nice tip!!!). Some places might not have done that due to security.
Overall - would come back if the price was right - and maybe not in the busy season for a change of pace. You couldn't ask for better location to see Fort Henry, hop on the ferry to Wolfe Island for a day trip, or check out the open market when it's happening, along with shops, restaurants all within hoofing distance.
WARNING: parking is an extra $25/day - which we had not known about at the time of booking BUT the complimentary welcome drink at bar when we arrived / breakfast - made up for that little surprise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront Hotel is centrally located in historic downtown Kingston, Ontario. We are elated to unveil Kingston's beautiful bedrooms and superior amenities, and our personal and friendly service sets us apart from other Kingston, Ontario hotels. We are also home to Kingston's premier conference facilities, specializing corporate events, meetings and weddings. Conveniently located steps away from Kingston's waterfront, the K-Rock Center (.42km)for concerts and Kingston Frontenacs games, 1000 Island Cruises (.25km), Kingston General Hospital (2.06km), Queen's University (1.53km), boutiques and downtown venues, the Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront hotel is The Place to Meet. We are proud to present DOX Restaurant & Bar with (seasonal) patio overlooking Lake Ontario. Dox Restaurant & Bar features a delicious breakfast menu and is the perfect place to meet for a luncheon meeting or a gourmet romantic dinner for two. For relaxation, guests of our Kingston hotel enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Whether you're coming to Kingston on business, looking to hold a meeting or event, or getting away for a family vacation, the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront is your hotel of choice. We look forward to being "At Your Service"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Ontario