“Pretty good - might be a better than average Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very clean and comfortable. Food quite good. Staff very accommodating. Didn't use the pool or other facilities. Walking distance to many of the downtown attractions. Right at the Wolfe Island ferry.

Mayfly hatch was on so no one wanted to use the balconies but there is nothing the hotel can do about that.

I couldn't figure out the alarm clock but that's probably just me :)

Only down side - the elevators are extremely slow and very tiny for some reason. If you are mobility challenged you might want to choose a ground floor.

Room Tip: Both sides have a lake view. Upper are better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear BeachandBeyond,

I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location is pretty key for any traveler coming to Kingston. It's nice to be located in the heart of this great city literally a hop skip and a jump from the so many restaurants, shopping and attractions. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

In town for a surprise party, we wanted a conveniently located hotel. The rooms were clean, if not fancy. Reasonably priced. Lovely bed covers. A dock for your iPhone, free basic wireless and a plug in for your laptop. Such comfy beds! We sank into the sumptuous pillows and slept like babies. Great location. Had a walk along the waterfront after a lovely breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. Many patrons took advantage of breakfast in the warm morning Sun at the outdoor tables. Lots of patios all around, where we sipped beers and margaritas. The only thing that could have been improved upon was the balcony had not been cleaned yet, after the winter so the chairs were pretty dirty. But who wants to sit out there, overlooking the parking lot, anyway, when there are so many shops to explore and restAurants and patios to visit?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Maggie K,

Thank you for your comments! We always love to hear when guests enjoy their stay, and it looks like you did just that. We have deployed the balcony cleaning team to eradicate those pesky Mayflies so our wonderful guests can enjoy our balconies. i hope the surprise party was fun and we can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Check-in staff was friendly. She looked up her list of available rooms and gave me a "cat. A" room for my booking class. As a result, I have room with a small balcony and a view of the dock and the lake.

Reasonable price for the room.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear nuboy,

Thank you for your comments and patronage, we look forward welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A clean and comfortable hotel convenient for shops and attractions. Slightly worn around the edges so could be due for a guest room refurb soon. Staff helpful and pleasant. Breakfast buffet plentiful if limited - but,unusually for a chain hotel, included in the room rate. A decent place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Feckenhamsters,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us! I did read about your observations with regards to our rooms and as we strive to constantly improve, it is constructive feedback like this that motivates and gives us direction. We are continually upgrading our property and will take your advice into consideration. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to email me at sfollwell@hikingstonwaterfront.com. . We look forward to your next visit with us, take care!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My son, his wife, my granddaughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kingston, Ontario for 3 nights in May, 2014. The room was very clean, with plenty of fresh pillows and towels. We had a lovely view of the RMC grounds from our balcony, across the St. Lawrence. The location was greatly appreciated, as it took us less than 5 minutes to reach our daily destinations. The dining room was a great place to start the day, with a complete buffet breakfast. And, shopping along Princess St. was very convenient. Altogether, a much appreciated experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Joan M,

Congratulations to the RMC Graduate! Thank you so much for sharing your visit to Kingston. As you mentioned, location is a big factor that we have. Being close to RMC, the Wolfe Island ferry terminal, and our located in the heart of downtown is such a convenience for our guests. So thank you for sharing those notes and taking advantage of all that is around us! I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a typical holiday inn property. The thing that stood out for me was the EXCELLENT people they have. We were there for a hockey tournament and the hotel was full, but I noticed that the staff went over and beyond trying to help people find accommodations. Great pool area and once again the staff was great with the kids.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear dewwyy,

Thank you for appreciating our hotel associates and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our many hotel amenities. We look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is my go to hotel when I am in Kingston. Rooms have all be outfitted with new pillows which are fresh and feel great. I was completely flabbergasted upon check out when the Reservations Manager, Anna Marie was greeting guests a pleasant good bye in the early morning and she happened to notice a small cast on my hand from an injury. She immediately came over and commenced taking control of my luggage cart and without hesitation pushed the cart out to my vehicle and then proceeded to take my belongings and place them in my vehicle. I protested that I was fine but she would have none of it. I felt somewhat sheepish being a man and permitting a woman to do this but she told me that she was there to help. Talk about service. Anna Marie went way over and above what one would expect however all the staff are customer service oriented at this location. I know that they are sincere as just about every review refers to the friendly staff. I cannot say enough about how great the staff are. They are all gems. Thank you Anna Marie for making my life a little easier upon checking out.

Room Tip: Rooms have just been equipped with brand new king sized pillows of a great quality.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear vegasguys,

Thank you so much for a great review! Anna Marie is certainly great while attending to guests needs. From all of us here, we hope your health improves and wish you a speedy recovery!