“Excellent sleep”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
“Excellent sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped over on our way to Quebec City. What a clean, beautiful hotel. Location is great, staff are awesome and the beds are SO comfortable. We'll definitely be back again soon. The hotel is right on the waterfront and only about 10 minutes off the highway.

In the morning, we had breakfast in the restaurant. Beautiful view, good food and excellent value.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Warren W,

Thanks for sharing your stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the hotel, but our staff as well. We take so much pride in the experience that we provide for our guests. It makes us happy to provide that for you! Well we hope to see you again soon.

Scott Follwell - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

On Feb 7th we arrived very late with a large group and had to make a few adjustments to the already well organized rooms. The staff was outstanding and your front desk staff person on at that time, Holly-Marie, was one of the most helpful and courteous front desk staff I have come across in years - and I spend over 15 weekends a year in hotels all over north america. In fact, all of your service staff were outstanding - from those in caretaking to the food service people in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Outstanding
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kristine D
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Kristine D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that our staff stood out to you during your stay. We like to make sure our guests feel at home when they are away from their own.

Hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at this hotel while having an unplanned trip to Kingston while my family member in the hospital. Was offered a very reasonable hospital rate which always helps in these situations. Front desk staff (which includes all employees I dealt with over the week) were phenomenal. I was at the hotel by myself and spending long hours at the hospital meant late nights and early mornings and it was so nice to see a smiling face and have a small chat even if it was just for a second while validating my parking pass. They were well informed about the guests at the hotel and they stopped and asked me one morning if I would like to move rooms as there would be a sports team coming in to the floor I was on late at night. When people go above and beyond it goes so far with me. The view is gorgeous out the window. If you are an early riser you have to check out the sunrise on the east facing side of the building. Gorgeous. The hotel is located within walking distance of so many awesome restaurants and shopping. Also just a short stroll to the Rogers K Rock center. No need for cabs! Awesome. Would love to visit the city again and not on these terms. This is the place I will be staying!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Love2Travel10000,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the reason why you were brought to our great city. We love that we could assist you anyway possible as our wonderful staff always strives to make everyone feel like family.

We look forward to your return to Kingston for a relaxing visit.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was assigned this hotel from priceline as I needed a downtown Kingston hotel. I have stayed at this property twice previously. I appreciated that front desk complied with my request for 2 double beds as other hotels will not do so for cheaper priceline deals. Check-in was smooth and front staff were youthful and energetic. I remember J.D. I was pleased that my room had a fridge and I was advised that if I need a microwave one would be brought to my room. I noticed upon entering the room that the quality of beds was excellent which is consistent with the Holiday Inn Brand. I recall the bathroom at this property were a bit small but this is consistent with hotels which were built in the 1960/70s. The issue that I and my family has was that the bathroom WAS NOT clean. The housekeeping maid may have done their best but the water pressure was inconsistent and the water was actual grimy. Both the bathtub/shower and sinks should be replaced and modernized. I did not request a room change as I heard another guest complain about the same thing. Another issue was that our room was close to a freight elevator and as well we could hear a lot of noises which appeared to have come from floor (s) above us and around. To be fair there was some sort of cheerleading event in Kingston and the competitors may have been practicing in their rooms/hallways. This hotel is a family hotel so I understand young people tend to get excited and it was noisy throughout the night. I think the hotel needs a major overhaul with soundproofing. I also found that there was a problem with exiting the parking lot even though I was a registered guest and followed the procedure. There was a snow storm and I had to have my wife call the hotel to open the gate. Strangely enough the last time I stayed ay this hotel 2 years ago the parking gate crashed on top of my rental car; but management took responsibility with the rental company. I was looking forward to using the fitness centre which I was told has been updated but it actual is smaller although the pool seems ok.I did advise front desk of my concerns about the noise and how it affected our sleep and I did appreciate that they had agreed to my request for breakfast buffet for whole family at no extra cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators which may be quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Odessafile75,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences while staying at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I am genuinely sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction and would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at 613.549.8400 ext 2600 at your convenience.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

On 28 Jan 14, I was in Kingston as part of my military duties and was unable to travel back to Ottawa due to the extremely bad weather. I went to the front desk at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront to see if there was a room available for the night. I have to say that the service I received from that point onward was extraordinary and my stay could not have been better. In my entire life, I have never met hotel staff anywhere that showed as much compassion and kindness. The staff that were on duty, JD, Maitlyn, Eden and Holly-Marie, provided me with everything I needed for the evening and I cannot thank them enough. They are a credit to your organization! Thank you Holiday Inn for hiring such a considerate group of people! I would recommend your hotel anytime and I will be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JulieB280114
Dear JulieB280114,

I'm so happy to hear that you have had an excellent stay! Our team prides themselves in providing great service so thank you for sharing your experiences. We look forward welcoming you back soon!

Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront
Newcastle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The rooms are tired and shabby. The sheers in 212 still have all the snags, as if a cat has tried to climb up them. The breakfast buffet is only lukewarm and not very tasty -- not worth the money. The elevator doors in the lobby still have those ugly pictures of the City -- not attractive at all. There are frequent problems with the remote control for the TV in the room. The General Manager does not return voicemail messages . I left three messages for him in November, related to my stay at this hotel in October -- all the same complaints. He has never returned any of my calls. On the positive side, however, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Lynn S,

I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience - I invite you to reach out to me personally at sfollwell@hikingstonwaterfront.com so that we might regain your trust in us.

Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always have a great stay. This time though I noticed how exceptional the service is throughout the hotel. From front desk, to the restaurant, to the cleaning staff they are all professional and personable. The room was clean with a great view of the river. (Kids liked to see the ferry coming and going) Pool area was bright and clean, something we notice some hotels seem to neglect. This hotel has an exceptional location too. We were a very short walk to the KRock Centre where we watched Cirque du Soliel. After the show we were another short walk to several different dinning options. It was great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Scott L L,

Thank you so much! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that it brought you to TripAdvisor...that means a lot! Anytime our guests share their experience with us, it is very much appreciated. Especially when they are as detailed you were. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us. Till next time!