On October 12 my wife and I stayed for a night at the Holiday Inn in Munising, Michigan and everything was perfect. This is not that.
On November 9 my wife and I drove from Toronto to Kingston for a weekend getaway, live theatre and sight-seeing. We had booked and received confirmation for a "Corner, Lake-View, King" room.
When we checked in the young man at the counter was pleasant and friendly but he's no poker player. My wife and I immediately could tell that something was wrong. When we got to the room door it was clear that it could not be a corner room. It wasn't.
I went back to the counter and told the young lady who was now there that I had been given the wrong room. Long story short, she learned that there was a problem in the room and it should have never been reserved to me. She made me some offers, complimentary this or that, the standard mea culpa, etc but I don't buy a word of it.. I decided to leave, abandon the theatre tickets and drive home to Toronto. It's a matter of principle for me.
I would like the Holiday Inn people who read this to know that I do not have a problem with the mistake that was made in the reservation system. Stuff happens, right? My problem is with the fellow who saw the problem and for whatever reason decided that dishonesty would be best.
My first impulse on writing this was to suggest that the desk clerk who for all intents and purposes lied to me should get his verbal warning, written warning and dismissal notice all at the same time. But then I recalled that this is the 4th time this has happened to us in our travels. I suspect that hotel staff are trained to do it this way, hope the guest doesn't notice and beg forgiveness if they do. Except in Pembroke when the desk clerk argued with me about it even when I produced my confirmation email.
Anyway I would never, ever stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront Hotel is centrally located in historic downtown Kingston, Ontario. We are elated to unveil Kingston's beautiful bedrooms and superior amenities, and our personal and friendly service sets us apart from other Kingston, Ontario hotels. We are also home to Kingston's premier conference facilities, specializing corporate events, meetings and weddings. Conveniently located steps away from Kingston's waterfront, the K-Rock Center (.42km)for concerts and Kingston Frontenacs games, 1000 Island Cruises (.25km), Kingston General Hospital (2.06km), Queen's University (1.53km), boutiques and downtown venues, the Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront hotel is The Place to Meet. We are proud to present DOX Restaurant & Bar with (seasonal) patio overlooking Lake Ontario. Dox Restaurant & Bar features a delicious breakfast menu and is the perfect place to meet for a luncheon meeting or a gourmet romantic dinner for two. For relaxation, guests of our Kingston hotel enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Whether you're coming to Kingston on business, looking to hold a meeting or event, or getting away for a family vacation, the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront is your hotel of choice. We look forward to being "At Your Service"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, IHG, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Ontario