“Superb Location”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is situated in a superb location when visiting Kingston, Ontario and participating in various activities, namely the Limestone City Blues Festival or Canada Day. Great access to marvelous restaurants, pubs and shopping. Park your car and leave it there because you really won't need it. Stroll the waterfront, take a boat cruise, take a dinner cruise and on it goes. Clean rooms. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Make sure your not located over the patio.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hi GerryH_11,

"....Stroll the waterfront, take a boat cruise, take a dinner cruise and on it goes..." you have captured downtown Kingston in the summer perfectly. Thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came in this hotel on Saturday 20th July 2013..thus, very busy.
Kingston is a very nice touristic place, the location of the hotel is perfect, mind the parking lot which becomes full very quickly on week-ends !
I would rate this hotel average +, nothing really wrong but nothing execiting except the location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear ThorTheHague-Paris ,

Thank you for staying with us in July. Kingston is truly a great town to vacation in and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Located downtown on Kingston's waterfront, we could walk to many attractions and restaurants. Gorgeous patio with unique menu options. Impressive service and exceptionally clean rooms. This is our place to go in kingston and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vdubgirl14
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear vdubgirl14

Thank you for sharing your comments! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. Being centrally located, we find that guests are happy not having to travel far to see the sights of Kingston. Hopefully we will see you again for your next Kingston adventure!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, right on the lakes edge, hence we gathered the reason it seemed to be a little overpriced.

However, the hotel is very clean throughout, we had a good spacious room overlooking the harbour, with a safe and free Wifi.
The car parking at this hotel was the cheapest we found on our whole trip to Canada.
The breakfast was very good and had the additional benefit of providing a free viewing of the local chipmunks frolicking about outside.

If you get the chance, get out to Lemoine Point conservation area with some monkey nuts and sunflower seeds and you will be able to meet the wildlife up close, chipmunks and black squirrels eating from your hand along with many varieties of bird and if really lucky as we were, the chance to see one of the stags that live there.

Would certainly choose this hotel again if we ever get the chance to return back to Kingston.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Spoons123,

This is a great review to read! Glad you were entertained with the surroundings and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Little disappointed, small rooms and over priced. When booking staff really friendly over the phone but on arrival hardly three words, name, credit card and here is your room key. House keeping staff should be told that the private baloney is part of the room......plastic chairs dirty and wet. Spider webs everywhere. Would not stay there again........Best Western much older hotel but less than half the price........wished we had a stuck with the old stand by instead of trying something new.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear rocky5252,

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of your balcony. I have reviewed this with our Executive Housekeeper for immediate improvements.

Should your travels lead you back to the Limestone City, please contact me directly at 613.549.8400 ext. 2600 and I will personally arrange your accommodation.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This place reminds me of dives I stayed in back in my twenties when I couldn't afford anything but the cheapest possible accommodation.

When I opened the door to my room I couldn't believe what a dump the place was — think carpeting you don't want to put your barefeet on, a dingy nicotice colour scheme, a bathroom the size you would find on an airplane, a shower that doesn't work, and no drapes that close out the light from the adjacent parking lot.

I feel completely underwhelmed and sick to my stomach that I'm going to have to stay here for two days while I help my daughter move into residence at the university. Way back when I booked this dump, it was only after exhaustive research on TripAdvisor. Well TA has done me wrong as I was led to believe that this was supposed to be one of the finer places to stay in Kingston. Unfortunately, everything is going to be booked up over the labour day weekend while parents cram into this town to help their kids move to university so I will be stuck in this hellhole.

I am never going to stay here again. It is simply awful. I can't overstate this point.

What a dump.

Ugh.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear axestone,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your previous stay with us. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations with regard to our level of cleanliness and we are truly sorry for the dissatisfaction this has caused you. We endeavor to meet all guests’ expectations at all times and regret that we failed on this instance.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Kingston.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this based on previous feedback and location. On the positive front the staff make you feel very welcome and the welcome drink plus appetisers was an unexpected treat. The restaurant was good and food well presented and very enjoyable.
On the negative side the rooms were small, tired looking and not particularly clean. Beds were good but the bathroom was very small and dingy. Both my wife and I felt that the rooms were in need if major refurbishment.
Parking was $14 a night and we preferred breakfast at Tim Hortons rather than paying a significant sum in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Dntetlow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. These reviews are so important to us and help us improve our product and service to ensure that our guests are receiving the best stay possible. I am sorry that you felt your room was not up to par and this will be addressed with our Maintenance and Housekeeping department for future improvements. Once again thank you for your feedback.