“An average stay”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel location is good for the waterfront and visiting the town of Kingston. Hotel décor was generally tired , rooms need a makeover , staff were all very pleasant . So place I would stay again for its location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Trinitraveller963,

Good afternoon, thank you for taking time to comment on your recent visit to Kingston. While our hotel has recently completed a major refresh and renovation project, I am sorry our decor was not to your liking.

Our location in downtown Kingston is truly unique and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have travelled to quite a few hotels over the years and experienced hotels that are good and bad but I can’t tell you how extremely pleased I was with my recent stay at this property. From the moment I checked in to check out all the staff was extremely friendly. I was greeted by the room attendants in the halls with a smile each morning. What a way to start your day. The breakfast was also a great way to start my day. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to meet my special dietary needs. Usually if you have restrictions in your diet staff is uncomfortable and not sure how to handle the special requests but this crew made me feel that my request was no problem and would be taken care of right away. I found the hotel to be exceptionally clean in all areas and my room was extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this property to anyone travelling to Kingston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Donald B,

Hello from a sunny and warm Kingston! Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Your note stating : "The staff was friendly and went out of their way to meet my special dietary needs" sums up our combined team efforts. We are here to take care of you, and each request is an opportunity to make you feel at home in our great city.

Thanks again, we look forward to your next visit.

Holiday Inn Kingston Watefront

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past week on the 5 th floor harbour side in a king size room from Sunday to Wednesday and every day my room was cleaned beautifully the maid was super friendly and out going she changed my sheets everyday !!! Which she didn't have to do but she did !! Good food and very nice patio .. Front desk staff where friendly as a came and went always saying hello . I also seen a previous comment that regards the maids starting at 8 30 am sure it's early but what time do you expect them to come I sure they don't want to be there that early either any ways overall I would say I would defiantly come back when ever I come back to Kingston

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Queens99,

Greetings from a warm summer's day in Kingston! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to our great staff.

We look forward to your next visit to Kingston.

Scott Follwell - General Manger

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to a wedding. Although the location was great and the staff friendly, the hotel was definitely overpriced for what you were getting. The room was average at best. It was clean, we had stains on the curtain and the bathroom was floor was not clean. Beds and pillows were not great. we had horrible sleeps both nights. Parking was also not free, except for 1 day (we stayed for 2 nights). Their 'continental breakfast' was not complimentary. You had to pay, and it was pricey! One bagel was $4! I had the pleasure of also using their fitness facilities. Equipment was old and clearly run-down. Water cooler was empty and there was nothing to wipe down the equipment.
Also, the maids knocked on our door after the first night, at 8:30am! This is not acceptable.
Albeit location is great, I don't see why anyone would pay this exorbant amount of money on this hotel. I pay this type of money to stay at a marriott or sheraton downtown Toronto, and its a thousands times better than here. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you want location, or overpay for (at best) an average hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear K-Scuba,

Thank you for sharing your experiences while staying at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I will discuss your comments with my housekeeping department as this is definitely not the standard we strive for. I hope you enjoyed all other aspects of your visit to Kingston and please contact me at 613 549.8400 ext. 2600 should you wish to discuss anything further.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location. Great staff.
Otherwise this is an old and tired hotel in need of updating.
They can charge top dollar because of the location. If you want bigger rooms and more up to date fixtures and aren't concerned about being able to walk everywhere then another hotel is your best choice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over the patio bar because the music is very loud. But it does stop at 9PM.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clike

Dear clike,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. We are sorry to hear that our décor was not to your taste and sincerely hope other aspects of your stay were more to your liking. It sounds as if you were able to enjoy Kingston's wonderful attractions all available from our front door!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

A decent enough hotel but quite dated, not especially efficient. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms quite small and in need of updating and repairing. Location is nice especially if you have a room with a view. Overall is ok but I think I would choose a different one for the same price. I was there for meetings and the large meeting room is quite nice with good views of the water. Food was mediocre at best so other restaurants are a better bet..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank patsychom

Dear patsychom,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry that your impression of our hotel was not a positive one. I would like to offer my apologies for your experiences as this truly is not what we are about.

However - your feedback allows us the opportunity to "tweek" our service efforts and we are tireless when it comes to improving our service and product delivery..

Hopefully we can welcome you back on the occasion of your next stay in Kingston. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the holiday inn on 2 princess st. Kingston ontario. My overall experience was not good at all I had drove from Norrth Carolina so a long drive and when I checked in the hotel the front desk clerk was not nice at all I did proceed to my room all I wanted to do was have a nice hot bath and relaxe. When taking a bath there was mildew on the floor between the toilet and the tub. The floors had previous hotel guest crumbs on the floor and the next morning I woke up to the cleaning lady just walking into my room without knocking. Very upset for the price of this hotel definitely not worth it. Oh also the threw in hidden charges they don't tell you about paying for parking or holding a 50 dollar fee on top of your room charge. Very unsatisfied with the over all experience I received up in Canada. Would never stay in this hotel ever.

Room Tip: Please double check on any hidden cost on top of your room ie. Parking also please check out review...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela F
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Angela F,

Greetings from a warm Sunny Kingston afternoon. I was disappointed to read your review and would like to discuss it further with you. Please contact me at your convenience either via telephone 613.549.8400 ext 2600 or email at sfollwell@hikingstonwaterfront.com