“close to K-Rock Centre”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

if you are attending an event at the K-Roc Centre, this is your place.
The room, while the bathroom is a bit outdated, was very comfortable. Modern TV. Pool and hot tub.
The buffet breakfast is hot, fullsome and quick. Other meals can be accessed elsewhere in town (as there are wonderful restaurants all around town).

Room Tip: If you are a Holiday Inn Privilege member, check in is a breeze.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear SusanMfromOttawa,

Greetings from a warm spring day in Kingston. Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. It was great to hear you took advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed an event at the KROCK Centre.

We look forward to hosting your next stay Kingston!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Typical holiday Inn, clean, but nothing special. I could not recommend this hotel though, because $150.00 per night is on the high end for this place and then they charged me $14.00 for parking.
I have never had to pay to park at a hotel yet and I think this is ridiculous.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rick h
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear rick h,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I was sorry to read that you were displeased with the cost of parking. Please be assured we remain very competitive with our rates and are currently the least expensive hotel parking lot in downtown Kingston.

Should your future travel plans include Kingston please contact me at 613.549.8400 ext 2600 and I will personally confirm your accommodation.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was stranded after my meeting at CFB Kingston due to the snow storm on the 8th of Feb, so I showed up at the closest hotel, without reservations, and hoped for the best. The Holiday Inn-Waterfront exceeded my expectations. The restaurant is right next to the lobby and served us good food at a good price. The wine list was impressive but I actually just went for the house wine, I think it was Peller estates, Cabernet, and I liked it.

Large rooms, 2 double beds, flat screen TV, mini fridge and full bath. The bathroom was quite small and the hot water was hard to adjust for with both the sink and the tub, but by no means deal breakers. The room had good heating from the air conditioning unit in the wall. The fan was pretty quiet. The three elevators are very fast. I was on the 3rd floor and it was just a second or so to get down to the lobby.

The bar staff and front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. It cost $14 a day for parking but the government rates (you need to show an ID card) is good, so I didn't feel like I overpaid for what I got, quite the opposite. (I paid $100 / night.) I also got a free breakfast ticket. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Hot eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, french toast, toast, coffee, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice - you name it, it was there...

The view from my room was the marina and once the snow stopped flying, it was lovely. With a small balcony off the room, it would be very nice in the summer. Overall, I recommend this hotel whole heartedly.

Room Tip: I was next to the elevators, but I didn't hear them. So I don't think there are any bad room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear suzecue,

Good morning and thank you for your very complimentary review. I was pleased to read to recommend our hotel and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location of this hotel is terrific if you are looking to stay and play in downtown Kingston. The staff was efficient and took care of our requests promptly. The beds were comfortable and the room was a good size. The washroom was on the small side, but did the trick. The only real con was that sound travlled from the corridor into the room. There was a cheerleading competition in town, so lots of cheerleaders roaming the halls and some other large groups. They were loud when loitering in the hallways, but I did see Security walking the halls in the evening, which I assume was to keep people moving and was much appreciated.
It was obvious that the hotel has been undergoing a facelift and updating, and it's been done tastefully and with quality workmanship. I would definitely stay again (and hopefully get another great rate through priceline!).

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid being on ground level
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KryssyT

Dear KryssyT,

Hello and greetings from another snowy day in Kingston. Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed our hotel and its fabulous location.

We look forward welcoming you back soon!

Holiday inn Kingston Waterfront

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is one of the better hotels I have stayed at in Ontario. The rooms were clean and tidy. My only complaint was my bathroom need a little minor repairs, loose shower knobs and toilet seat but nothing to be concerned about.

There is a restaurant in the lobby and you can purchase a decent breakfast buffet with a good selection of hot and cold foods.

Best thing about this place is it is walking distance to historic sites, restaurants and night life.

I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear jam1king,

Good afternoon and thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay - please contact me directly at 613.549.8400 ext.2600 for reservations should your future travel plans include the beautiful city of Kingston.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of December. The hotel has been updated and our room had a great view of the harbour, was clean, with a king size bed and a small fridge. The hotel is a five minute walk to downtown where you can find a number of really good restaurants and pubs. Hotel staff were welcoming and helpful. Nice hotel to stay in when visiting Kingston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a King Size bed with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

-Dear TheRealDaver,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Should your future travel plans include Kingston, please contact me directly at 613.549.8400 ext. 2600.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night (Thursday night) on a business trip to Kingston, Ontario. Hotel was ok, nothing fancy (considering the cost was almost the same as a really nice hotel in downtown Montreal) I thought it was really overpriced. The location was convenient for my business needs, so I booked it through our corporate travel agency. Once I arrived, I was checked in, and given the key cards to my room. I went to my room, and tried both of the key cards - none of which actually worked. A trip down to the reception, and I got new cards, which fortunately did work. After a quick dinner in the hotel restaurant, I turned in for the night as I had an early morning, and needed to be up at 6:30am. I called to the front desk and asked for a wake up call. The whole evening, yells and door banging could be heard up and down the corridor. I hoped it would settle down by 11pm, and that the hockey team that was staying at the hotel would stop the noise at a reasonable hour. By midnight, I had fallen asleep despite the loud noise in the corridors and the screaming and running up and down the halls. At about 2:30am, I was woken by the yelling, and was extremely irritated. I called down to the front desk, and asked them to get the hockey team members to stop their noise, and I was asked would I like to change rooms?!?! At 2:30am is not the time I would like to pack up all of my things and relocate because they could not keep these people quiet! The hockey team were not little kids either - they were in their late teens at least, and incredibly loud and inconsiderate. The staff did not seem to care too much, and did not think ahead to not put a business traveler in the midst of a loud group of youths! I will not be staying at this hotel again. My next business trip to Kingston, I will stay at a different hotel. So rude.

Room Tip: Yes, stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MamaJojo123

Dear MamaJojo123,

We are sorry to hear about the disturbances and noise issues you encountered while staying at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Please accept my apologies for inconveniencing you and note I have conducted a review for evicting patrons who do not wish to comply with our noise policies.

Regards,