When I saw where the hotel was located, just off highway 401, I was disappointed but it quickly faded when we went inside. It's located at the end of a outlet strip mall across from Boston Pizza and Swiss Chalet and a mega movie-plex. It's a 15 to 20 minute drive to downtown.
However, it's a brand new hotel beautifully decorated in contemporary furniture and a colour scheme of red, tan, brown and blue throughout.
There's a tiny kidney-shaped pool popular with families because of the two story water slide. You cannot swim laps in here. The gym next door is very decent as the laundry room is adjacent to that.
Our room was immaculate. The bedding is clean and the same colour scheme as the lobby. Amenities included an empty fridge and microwave.
The window overlooked an industrial park and the coffee maker was an old fashioned drip kind with undrinkable coffee. Those were the only two complaints.
We didn't use the business centre or the restaurant in the lobby but it's an open concept so you see everyone and everything.
Off the games room/lounge, there's an actual courtyard with a nice 6 foot plus privacy wall and comfortable patio furniture. We sat out there before breakfast and enjoyed it.
The room, two queens, was $165 including tax . I noticed flyers for many promotions including a $50 visa card for the outlet shopping package and a $25 gas card. We were not offered any specials upon booking so I'd ask. They do offer a CAA discount..
We'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located conveniently off of Highway 401 between Montreal and Toronto, the Courtyard Marriott Kingston's brand new facilities (Including our brand new Water Slide!) are ideal to unwind and re-energize! Business Centre, the Bistro Lounge and Restaurant serving breakfast, dinner, and refreshments, our fabulous indoor pool, slide, fitness facilities, and interactive lobby are unique in Kingston. Benefit from the fabulous Marriott Rewards program each and every stay, and make sure to visit our GoBoard with directions and information on all of Kingston's going-ons! When the day is over, enjoy the comfort of our beautifully designed guestrooms and attentive service. Welcome to the Courtyard Kingston - it's a New Stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott and Booking.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Kingston Highway 401 / Division Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kingston Hotel Kingston
- Courtyard By Marriott Kingston Highway 401 / Division Street Ontario