Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
$167
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$165
$141
HolidayInn.com
$113
Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$83
$149
$122
Courtyard
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$111
Hochelaga Inn(Kingston)
$129
Travelocity
1,341 results
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitethe sofa bedwolfe islandcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenparking feewater viewthe breakfast areafront desk staffyogurthome away from homevery nice hotelrooms are largewould highly recommend this hotelqueens universityfort henry
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed in room 315 and had occasion to use the pull-out couch. However there were no sheets or pillows available for this in the room and we had to call for them. We also ran out of toilet paper and there was no extra in the room. Had to call for that as well as another shampoo and bath towels. Also the toilet flushes from other rooms is quite noticeable. This is the second time we have stayed here and the first time in January was excellent so was a bit disappointed in the lack of supplies in the room. Love the location! And have booked for Thanksgiving weekend as well. Just make sure that everything is available in the rooms in case the couch is required.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Good day Msweeny59,

I'm terribly sorry that we missed the mark! Of course, our goal is to provide our guests with an outstanding experience. It seems we fell a bit short this time.

The feedback you've provided is most welcome and we are taking steps to correct these sort of short comings for future stays.

I'd like to request a message from you (if you don't mind) to my email account: gss.marriott2@gmail.com. This way, I can follow up in more detail regarding the room amenity issues that you faced.

Thank you again Msweeny59!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel in downtown Kingston right on the water. Friendly helpful staff, great breakfast included, spacious clean comfortable rooms. Have stayed on many occasions and will continue to use this as my choice for accommodation in Kingston.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Michelle.

Thank you for the lovely review! We are always happy to welcome you back with us! Thank you for staying.

Michelle, when you stay with us, did you ever try the evening social buffet that we offer on Tuesday and Thursday nights? I'm usually a big fan of chef's soup creations!

Many thanks and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am a big fan of Residence Inn and this one in Kingston was another pleasant experience.
The hotel is perfectly located in a beautiful quiet corner just in front of the water, at easy walking distance from the town attractions, shops and restaurants.
Everything looks new and nicely designed for the guest comfort.
As always in Residence Inn hotels, all rooms are actually spacious suites, equipped with a complete kitchen corner (with full size fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, etc., everything brand new and spotless) a living area (with table and chairs, an additional working desk, a sofa with small coffee tables) and a good size closet with ironing facilities. The only thing I keep missing when staying in a Residence Inn is a safety-deposit box...
Our bathroom was not big but functionally designed: we liked in particular the walk-in powerful shower and the fluffy towels. Extremely comfortable King size bed with soft linen and a wonderfully light duvet.
We stayed in room number 1011 and, even if positioned on the rear part of the hotel, we had a nice view of the waterfront (due the shape and the position of the hotel, I suppose that quite all rooms have great views, maybe ask for the ones directly facing the water for the best).
Free and easy-to-use wi fi.
A great buffet breakfast is included in the hotel rate: large choice of cold and hot dishes (choice of eggs, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereals, fresh fuit, etc.)
The underground garage parking is a bit expensive (18$/day) but we noticed that there is also a private outdoor parking lot just on the rear of the hotel (not sure if they charge for it).
Another great staying at a Residence Inn, we can only strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: Higher floors on the waterfront side have best views. Just avoid the "city view"
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stefi1970
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear Stefi1970.

Glad to hear that you're a big fan of Residence Inn, did you know that Residence Inn just happens to be your biggest fan too! I'm glad you mentioned our location. You are correct, we are conveniently located within minutes from Queens University, Kingston General Hospital, and the downtown core.

Stefi, did you know that we have safety deposit boxes at the front desk? They are complimentary for all our guests.

Regarding the parking, just to clarify, after tax, it does come to $18.08 per night (with in and out privileges), and we do charge for the outdoor parking also.

Thank you for posting such a detailed and great review! It is much appreciated. I'm looking forward to your return!

-David

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had an excellent time at this location; the service provided was great and the room was spacious, clean and nice. The staff cleaning, decorating and servicing these rooms obviously were not just trying to pass their hours but also put some thought and passion into their work.

The price was slightly higher than I was expecting from the city (judging based on location, not service/room size).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Good day Ryan,

Your words are very appreciated! We do try to reflect our passion for the industry and I am glad you recognized that!

Ryan, did you know that we also offer discounted rates and that all our rates include a hot buffet breakfast as well as two dinners (small buffet on Tuesday and Wednesday evening). Some of the discounts would be CAA, Senior, or Advance Purchase.

If you'd like to make your next booking directly with the hotel, feel free to fire us an email! info@marriottresidenceinnkingston.com

Many thanks and looking forward to your return!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in a historic place and picked Kingston, Canada's first capital. We enjoyed our trip overall as we found the city and its people very welcoming and the old houses and buildings were simply marvellous. We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott and were regularly welcomed and greeted by friendly and efficient hotel staff. We got a studio room that provided all the comforts of home which included a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, dining table, work desk, and living room. Whether you're travelling on business or vacationing, alone, as a couple, or with family, the hotel seems to have facilities for everyone's needs. We certainly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody. Of course, the location, being right next to the water was a definite plus.

Room Tip: If you like the view, ask for a higher room at least a week before your arrival. I asked for a higher room based on a tip provided by anothe trip advisor reviewer and the hotel staff had no problem accommodating my request.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJPil

Hello JJPil,

I'm very happy to hear that you chose our lovely historic city to celebrate your wedding anniversary in! I am quite proud of Kingston and my fellow Kingstonians. Your kind words are not unheard! :)

My favourite rooms are also the studios. They have a spacious feel to them and come in 3 varieties;

-City View
-Water View
-Premium Water View

As Canada's 1st Capital, we also had Canada's 1st Prime Minister! Mr. Sir John A. himself! A bit of an off beat destination would be at the Cataraqui Cemetary to visit his grave.

Thank you again for staying with us and I'm looking forward to your next visit!