“Wonderful location”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I expect great things from Marriott, this Marriott didn't disappoint. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and quite welcoming. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a great location. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank camillu
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Good day Camillu.

I'm glad to see that we reached your expectations when you stayed with us recently. I wonder who our friendly lady at the front desk was. It may have been Kate, Sam, Lianna... or perhaps even Stacey or Violette. Either way, I know they'll be looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!

Thank you for the positive review and hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our family's second time staying at this property- both for weddings in Kingston and/or nearby. Firstly, the location of the hotel is perfect- right on the water with sweeping views of Lake Ontario and the summer sailboats in the Harbour.

Secondly-the staff is super friendly and courteous.

Thirdly- there is an onsite gym and pool (not a lap pool) as well as hot tub. The gym is quite spacious, free weights, no machines but some benches and a treadmill, elliptical and cycle as well as two swiss balls and mats. But with the weather as beautiful as it is in Canada in the summer- there are ample paths for walks and runs outside in any case.

There is also a free breakfast-chopped fruit, bananas, oranges, yoghurts, cold cereals, oatmeal, make your own waffles and hot food area. Free coffee and tea also. Nothing to write home about but a nice addition while you're on vacation and you can pick up a few snacks for later as well.

All Rooms are v. spacious and come fully equipped with a full kitchen, nice lounge/couch area, remodelled bathrooms and comfortable beds. The hotel is clean and modernly decorated. And you'll also find a small business centre in basement along with a library type lounge in lobby with some books.

Word of warning- the morning complimentary breakfast rush can be overwhelming and v. busy depending on the hotel's occupancy so it is suggested that you go early if possible.

You're v. close to Kingston's public market, down town streets, museums and so on and this is truly a great find on the Harbour Front!

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early especially on weekends because it can get very busy very quickly and the line...
2  Thank TruBahamianFoodTours

Good day Alanna.

Thank you for staying with us and for the detailed and great review! The sailboats are truly a wonderful sight to see from our water-view suites. Especially with the Yacht Club around the corner.

Alanna, as staff, we pride ourselves on our service and I am very happy to see that this was also reflected in your visit to us (your 2nd visit)!

One of our most popular items for brekkies is, as you mentioned, the DIY waffles. It's always interesting to see the sweet and creative concoctions that our guests come up with in terms of decorating with sauces and syrup.

Thank you again for the advice and review! It is most appreciated.

-David

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every few months for the past 5 years while my daughter attended University in Kingston. I love the location and the spaciousness of the rooms. I have stayed on my own, and with my family. We have always enjoyed our stay and the politeness of the staff.
The location is great to walk to restaurants-Wooden Heads is one of our favorites and it is extra beautiful being located right on the water. The rooms are always clean and the the extra touches are appreciated-free WiFi, free breakfast, coffee, popcorn and candies in the room. I would not stay anywhere else when visiting Kingston and I tried many other places prior to this hotel opening. Stay here and you will be happy with your decision.

2  Thank Lexus62
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Good day Lexus.

Your kind words are most appreciated. We are definitely an ideal hotel for families of Queen's and St. Laurence students. Queen's is just a short walk from the property. And, as you mentioned, an even shorter walk to Woodenheads! One of Kingston's popular Italian restaurants with a woodfire oven for their pizzas.

I'm glad you mentioned the little candies in the room. My favourite flavour (in the Res Inn candy department) would have to be lemon!

Lexus, thank you for staying with us continually, and I look forward to your return!

Many thanks.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed there for two days with my wife and three kids. Called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we would arrive late. David of the hotel seeing that we come with kids late made sure the crib was set up in the room, so we have to transfer the kids just from the car to the bed.
The staff in the entire hotel was very friendly.
The breakfast room was to small for the amount of people they wanted to feed that days.
Hotel is located great, since it is just a short walk to all the attractions of Kingston.
Rooms are all very clean and up to date.

Dear Skywizzard.

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was my pleasure to make sure the crib was ready for your arrival.

I'm very glad that you were the recipient of the service we are proud of! Travelling with kids can always be a challenge, as they tend to have more energy than us older folks ;)

Did you know that we have a selection of children's movies on DVD which we offer complimentary to our guests (DVD players also) for a night of movie watching, popcorn (in the suite), and relaxation.

Skywizzard, it is unfortunate that there wasn't ample space in our breakfast area when you stayed with us. I'd like to welcome you to offer any feedback to me regarding this. My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Thank you!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed many times before. This stay was really nice. Staff are always very pleasant and helpful. Great rooms, and we had a wonderful view of the water. Close
to downtown. Cant wait to go back. It is always nice to be recognized by staff, Makes you feel like part of the family

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Good morning Scott.

Thank you for your frequent stays with us! We are always happy to welcome back a member of our family. :)

We are elated that you can't wait to come back, and the feeling is mutual!

Looking forward to your return.

I was quite pleased to be the person to check you in during your most recent visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Location is fantastic close to the main street of Kingston. The room are spacey and well equipped. This place will do the job albeit without fanfare, but is the residence inn, not the ritz.

Would recommend this hotel if you wish to spend a weekend in Kingston.

Breakfast not good, but on par with what you can expect in that category.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Torben_RT

Good day Torben.

Thank you for your positive review.

The main street that we're located by is Ontario. It's the start of the path to some of the most popular eateries in Kingston, including Woodenheads, Diane's, and Mio Gelato! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our great location!

Thank you for mentioning also that our rooms are well equipped. We try to cater to the at-home-chef by providing a full kitchen with a complement of dishes, cutlery, ...etc.

Torben, I'd like to invite you to contact me regarding our hot and cold buffet breakfast. Being on par is great, but our goal is to wow! As a valued guest, your feedback is treasured. My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We held our wedding reception at this hotel. It was a small reception dinner of about 25 people, held in the Hearth Room. We were given the entire room, with a separate raised section, and a private patio, more than enough space for 20-40 people.

Our event coordinator Stacey was extremely helpful and saw to it that everything was in order for the day. The banquet manager Brent and his staff took care of everything on the night... the food, atmosphere and service were all fantastic. We were very satisfied with the Marriott's handling of our event!

We stayed the night in one of the guest suites and it was beautiful...best view of the Kingston harbour, clean, stylish, spacious and comfortable. We strongly recommend this hotel for events and accommodation in the most beautiful part of downtown Kingston.

Room Tip: Request upper level floor (10th is best) with harbour view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Hello Paul.

The Hearth Room is, as you mentioned, the perfect area for a small festive gathering.

Thank you for mentioning Stacey and Brent! They are two of our hard working champions at the hotel and were beaming when we read your review at our daily huddle meeting!

Congratulations Paul and thank you for letting us help you make the most important day of your life a success!

We are always especially excited to welcome our wedding guests to the hotel. We are very lucky to be situated right on the water's edge with the perfect outdoor venue (the Compass Rose).

I sincerely hope to welcome you both back again soon!

-David
PS: I also had a modest wedding (in my backyard though).