Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
  • Restaurant
Brown's Bay Inn(Kingston)
  • Restaurant
1,333 results
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitethe sofa bedwolfe islandcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenparking feewater viewfront desk staffthe breakfast areayogurtvery nice hotelhome away from homerooms are largewould highly recommend this hotelqueens universitysitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I don't want to imply that there was anything wrong with our stay at the Water's edge, but had I seen the Delta hotel next door online, I definitely would have selected that sleek 2014 model over the dark, old fashion style of the Marriott. We had a 2 bed suite, which had a partial lake view (the small windows were few and far between) and it felt as if it was an 80's design . . . which is all you really expect for a visit to a small town. But then I went to dinner at Aqua terra in the Delta hotel next door and was AMAZED. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was as tasty as the food. I have a Marriott card, and have always liked the consistency of quality that Marriott properties offer, but in this case I think they fell short. I will keep my eye on Delta in the future.

Room Tip: Maybe a full lake view would have seemed brighter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele A
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Good day Michele.

Thank you for your review!

Our neighbour on the harbour (the Delta) is truly a lovely hotel. They’ve raised the bar at their property when they purchased the building last year and renovated their rooms.

I’m glad you were able to enjoy the Aqua Terra restaurant. It’s well known in Kingston with a deservedly high reputation. I hope for your next visit, you’ll get the chance to try the new menu at our own West 76, and even enjoy our waterfront patio!

Because the Residence Inn by Marriott is designed for long term stays, our hotel looks distinctly different than traditional hotel rooms. From a family-friendly atmosphere in the Hearth Room to condo-like colours of our halls and suites (lots of bright burgundies, teal, and chocolate brown).

Ours is certainly a different take on the traditional beige and grey that you may find at other hotels. And you’re absolutely right, there is a consistent design between Residence Inns across North America, and our design changes every 6 years to provide our guests with a lively variety.

When we next go through renovations we will be sure to let you know!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m looking forward to reading your next review. And I’d like to invite you to book your next reservation through me so that I can be sure to choose the best room for you (and with the best view, of course!)

Feel free to email me (David) directly at info@marriottresidenceinnkingston.com

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We recently went to stay in this hotel for our son's graduation from Queen's. Not surprisingly, the City and this hotel were full. Its been my experience when this happens, things fall off the table. Not here. Service was great, front desk staff amazing and the breakfast service staff cheerful and hard-working.

The hotel has a great location on the waterfront, within easy walking distance to downtown Kingston. Rooms are large and beds very comfortable. Really nice bar.

This is our new Kingston favourite spot to stay.

Room Tip: Waterfront view rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Hi Ralph!

Our location (a very short walk to Queen's U.) makes us a prime spot for graduates, students, and Queen's related visitors.

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are certainly proud and happy to serve our guests. On sold out nights, there's often lots going on and we definitely plug into the high energy! Puts a little pep in our step.

Congratulations on your son's graduation! I certainly hope you take the chance to pay us another visit in the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on and off for two weeks while moving. Staff were great and accommodating. Rooms are very spacious as we stayed in a two bedroom suite. Pool and fitness centre very clean as well as laundry too! Restaurant was great food and you can't beat the location!

Stayed: May 2014

Good day Island Lexie.

We are always happy to welcome people relocating to Kingston. Our suites are 50% larger than most hotel rooms and we've certainly seen our share of movers bringing lots of stuff! (An expectation during a move) Our suites feature a full kitchen, free internet, and guests have access to our 24 hour fitness centre, and the saltwater pool too.

We welcome all guests, but tend to get a bit more familiar with our long term or regular stay visitors. Thank you for staying with us while you were moving and keep us in mind for future visits.

We'd love to welcome you back again.

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn Kingston this weekend. We have gotten a studio city view room, which has partial harbour view. The room is spacious and really nice. It's also quite quiet even it's on the 3rd floor. We ordered room services for the night, and was very impressed from the food.

I am planning another visit next weekend and already planned to stay at Residence Inn again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon Michelle. Thank you for staying with us and for planning your next visit to Kingston with us too!

Although most of our city view studio rooms don't offer a water view, it isn't uncommon to see at least some of beautiful Lake Ontario and the windmills on Wolfe Island.

I certainly hope you enjoyed your 2nd visit to the Residence Inn and I hope you had a chance to try the NEW menu at West 76!

I've been pushing the Pickerel and the Curry. Positively delicious!

I'd like to invite you to contact me when you have a future reservation as I'd love to arrange to welcome you back. My email is gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Many thanks!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The location was very convenient because everything is walking distance, the rooms are spacious and clean, and they offered a free breakfast which is very important when you have a family!

The hotel is right on the waterfront where you can walk and take great pictures! I will definitely stay at this hotel if I go back to Kingston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Good day Explorers009!

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast.

I was especially glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our prime location! I'm hoping to see some of your pictures that you took. We are certainly in an advantageous spot being right at the water's edge with beautiful Battery Park and the Compass Rose... the water lined with the breaker ending in a small lighthouse.

If you care to share any of your masterpiece photos, I would love to post them on our web page! Feel free to email me at gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Thank you so much!