“Matt at FD, Greg at Bar”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Davenport, Florida
“Matt at FD, Greg at Bar”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Just had a great stay at this property. Room was great, good size studio.

Matt at the bar is amazing, one of the most friendly bartenders I have has the pleasure of talking too. Matt at the front desk as well. Great people at this property. Both had great local recommendations for things to do and did not steer me wrong on my one night stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hi there Ben.

Matt and Greg will be absolutely thrilled to receive your positive words! I hope we'll find you back with us again in the future, perhaps for a 1 week stay instead of a 1 night stay! ;)

Kingston is full of summertime activities and we are happy to be right in the heart of it!

Thanks again Ben.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We love this place! The staff is friendly, rooms are awesome and within walking distance of some neat bars, however there is a small, but great bar right in the lobby...loved the bartender!
Breakfast is super good. Wish I could live there!

Room Tip: Get a water view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Malice.

Thank you for the lovely review! I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were a fan of the bar and the bar staff. They will be very happy to hear that.

Some of guests virtually do live with us here, and we'll be happy to welcome you back in the future! Thanks again for your great comments and I'm looking forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Our flights kept getting delayed throughout the day which resulted in a very late check in time. It was absolutely no problem with the hotel staff.

Hotel is clean, staff are very friendly and accommodating and the beds are super comfy.

We were there in May, which is the time of year when the May flies are everywhere, they look like tiny Mosquitos but they don't bite, they are just stuck on windows, doors, cars, walls etc. We love to sleep with the window open but couldn't because of the flies covering the glass....lol. The locals don't seem bothered by them one bit.

We had room 805 which gives a stunning view of the harbour and has opening windows. It has a king bed with a nice sitting area and a full kitchen.

The hotel also has parking underground for a very reasonable (compared to most other hotels) $16.00 per day.

All in all , we had an amazing stay here and this is definitely where I will stay again.

In the past I have always call the Sheraton Four Seasons my home when visiting Kingston, but it will now be replaced by this Marriott!

I can't say enough positive things about this place!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tigerlilyco
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello Tigerlily!

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are certainly proud of our property and the service we offer. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the beds as well. Did you know that you can even purchase Marriott mattresses online?

Much obliged keeping the windows closed in the 'fly' season. They can be innocent little terrors! ;)

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks again for the wonderful words!

-David
MIAMI
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Residence inn Kingston is on the waterfront , You can see 1000 islands and USA. Hotel has beautiful view and is in central location, within walking distance to downtown.They had a lovely evening social hour that included soup, pasta, deli sandwiches, salad, potato salad, and cakes.Breakfast was equally as good.
Note: parking in Ontario has huge taxes. Hotel parking was $16 but with the added taxes it came to an additional $6,50.
Hint: 1 bedroom suite 1003 had a gorgeous wrap around view.

Room Tip: i bedroom suite 1003 had a wrap around waterview
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hello Sheila!

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Premium Waterview One Bedroom Suites! 1003 is certainly a great room to get a great view! I don't suppose you happened to count the windmills you can see from your room on Wolfe Island? Did you know that it's the largest of the 1000 islands?

Thank you for participating in our social evening. Every Tuesday and Thursday we feature a light dinner buffet at no extra charge between 5:30pm and 7pm open to all our guests. As well as finger foods on every 2nd Wednesday for the Manager's Toast. This is a great opportunity to meet and greet other travelers!

I would like to clarify the parking however. The tax in Ontario is 13% (HST). With our parking charge at $16, it comes to $18.08 after taxes (with in and out privileges).

Sheila, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! If you have any questions or comments, I invite you to contact me directly at gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Hope to see you in the summer!

-David
Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They responded promptly and efficiently. The pool was a big pleasure and everything was very clean and well maintained.

The area is nice. There was not much to do since the winter was bad and the water was too cold but we had a great time just walking around the hotel.

People in Kingston are soooo friendly!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JonesRDavid
Hello David,

I concur, we had a long winter this year! Thank you for your great review! I'm glad that you find people in Kingston to be friendly. Kingston is the kind of city that welcomes a conversation with the bus driver or a friendly stranger at a cafe. I've been to New Jersey once, and I honestly have to say the same thing! There was friendliness all around.

If you're here again for another winter, you may want to investigate some of the sledding hot spots. That's always a fun past time.

And please come back in the summer too! There are so many great activities, including boat rental around the corner from the hotel via Ahoy Rentals. We're also just a short walk from the Trolly Tours and the 1000 Island Cruises.

I'm looking forward to your return!

Cheers and thanks again!
toronto
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I recently stayed here in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was well designed and provided us with everything we need. All the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel has a great waterfront location, within walking distance of many downtown attractions. I would certainly return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for the great review Beachgoes.

It's wonderful that you were able to stay in one of our two bedroom suites. They certainly are set up nicely for families! The proximity to downtown attractions is certainly an appealing feature for us. I have a feeling (judging by your username) that you are part of a family who enjoys a visit to the beach! I'm hoping you'll come back in the summer, that way, you can hitch a ride on the Wolf Island commuter ferry and pay a visit to Kingston's most popular beach!

Thank you for staying and come back soon!
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am organizing an event to be held in Kingston in June 2014 and the international guests coming are staying at this hotel. Hotel management have bent over backwards to accommodate our group and meet all our needs as they come up. Excellent communication between myself and the hotel coordinator with immediate return phone calls or e-mails. It has been an absolute pleasure in dealing with the hotel. The facilities are excellent as is the food at the restaurant in the hotel. Staff are very friendly, very helpful and very professional.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Judy B
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Good afternoon Judy.

Wow! It's a wonderful treat to get a review before you've even arrived! I am very glad to read your message and see that we've been able to meet your group booking needs.

We are always happy to welcome a group.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the gang at our property. If there is anything else you need that we can help with, don't hesitate to continue contact!

Many thanks!!!