“Wheelchair access by the water, K Kingston”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great hotel, excellent staff, very friendly and very accessible. Huge wheel in shower with bench in a roomy bathroom, very spacious room with private bedroom and a pullout sofa, excellent for families. Nice pool and hot tub, and my wheelchair could even fit into the sauna doorway. Wheelchair access outside down to the water, very nice pathways, easy to get around, and then carry on to the downtown. A pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello Joanne!

Thank you for the great review.

I'm quite delighted to see that the accessible room fit your needs. And I'm pleased as punch that you enjoyed your stay too! We are always happy to have you and your family visit us.

Our hotel has two accessible suites, each is a one bedroom suite with a king size bed and a pull-out queen size sofa-bed.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Excellent location, we had a great water view from our room. Location was great for touring sites in Kingston. We were a 5 - 15 minute from many sites and a very short drive to the Fort. Service was good, everyone seemed friendly. We only stayed one night, but would come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard B
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Good day Richard B.

Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and it's surroundings! If you're planning a future visit, I'd love to welcome you back this summer. That way, you'll have a chance to take a cruise among the 1000 Islands or to enjoy the market square, also a five minute walk from the hotel.

Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel one night for business at the beginning of the month with a colleague. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and I try to stay at a Marriott wherever I go. This hotel is quite the gem! Beautiful room, excellent service, great breakfast and very attentive staff. Loved every minute there, too bad I couldn't stay longer! Underground parking for only 18$. Walking distance to great restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hello Sylvie. Thank you for your review!

After taxes, yes, our parking is just over $18 per night with in and out privileges. We are very lucky to have such a great location downtown. And your strategy is spot on. Park at the hotel, and walk to your restaurant destinations. Some of my favourite downtown restaurants are Diane's Seafood and Atomica Pizza.

Or, stay at the hotel, and enjoy the dining at our very own West Seventy 6 Grill!

We are definitely proud of our property and take great appreciation being called a gem! Thank you :)

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next trip to Kingston!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just got back from a one night stay at the Residence Inn. All the staff were incredibly kind, friendly, helpful, accommodating and responsive. Best things: Pool (with lots of towels available), hot tub, location, giant rock jetty just outside that was great for kids to climb on (not part of the hotel but it is right outside), the staff/service, kitchen facilities in the room (no sure about all the rooms, but ours did), great room size, extensive breakfast included. Less great: There did not seem to be any cheap parking alternative near the hotel, so you need to pay $16/day for parking, which isn't the end of the world. What was worse was that they hosted a noisy event on Saturday night, which we could hear from our room on the 3rd floor. However, our complaint about the noise was handled most satisfactorily. So, if you go on a weekend, I would strongly recommend booking a room on a higher floor (at least above the third floor) just in case! We would definitely return.

Room Tip: As I mentioned, if you go on a weekend, try booking a room on a higher floor (at least above the thi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Good day Toronto Family!

It really sounds like you were able to make the best of your visit. I hope you enjoyed the saltwater pool. If you come here in the summer, I wouldn't necessarily recommend hiking out along the rock jetty as it can be a bit dangerous. However, just a 5 minute walk from the hotel is Ahoy Rentals. You could take the family to rent a canoe or kayak and enjoy a boat trip around the jetty right to the hotel!

Toronto Family, I'd like to invite you to contact me directly to resolve any issues that you may have encountered during the noisy Saturday night. But, I am very glad to read that you found our response to the initial noise concern satisfactory! gss.marriott2@gmail.com

Thank you again and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited Kingston and this property for the first time and were charmed by both. This hotel is relatively new so everything is in perfect condition. The suite and bathroom were immaculate. The breakfast was bountiful and seating area attractive.There is a fee to park. There was a good breeze blowing off the lake, so be prepared if you plan to walk into town. The hotel is well situated to do your exploring on foot. Kingston is a nice blend of historic and trendy when it comes to architecture, shops and restaurants. A great place for parents to stay when in town for events at Queens University.

Room Tip: Water view or city view...take your pick!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SJG,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm very glad to see that we are still being discovered. We are truly well located for families of Queen's students (with the campus just a 10 minute walk).

I'm also really happy to see that you were charmed not only by the Residence Inn, but by Kingston itself! We are an older city and a proud one. I certainly hope you come to pay us a visit again soon. I'd like to recommend that at your next visit, you try out the Kingston Haunted Walk. The starting point is just a short 5 minute walk from the hotel. You get a real sense of our city's history in a captivating way (by the telling of ghost tales and visiting some of our city's many haunted locations).

Even from some of our city view rooms, you are overlooking the historic Portsmouth Village. A charming historic location in Kingston.

Thank you!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Matthew Gifford front desk provided excellent customer service. Rooms were big with fully equipped kitchen; living room area; king size bed & nice bathroom. Spotless! Breakfast was fabulous & nice bar to have a nightcap after a long journey. Worth the money to stay here. All staff very nice! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Good evening Rascal.

Thank you for this great review! Matt is certainly a rock star, and he'll be quite happy to hear how much you appreciated his service.

The next time you stay with us, you might be interested in trying our new concoction! The Brock Street Pothole - perfect for a night cap or an after dinner drink.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been staying at this property for over a couple of years now. This is one of three properties i like to stay in Kingston. All rooms have well-equipped kitchens and pull out sofa beds. There are also some one and two bedroom suites. It is a relative new property so everything is nice and clean. Other than one and tow bedroom suites, there are no bathtubs but only shower stalls in the room so please choose accordingly. Most rooms have view of lake Ontario other than those located on the North side of the building with south facing rooms having the best view obviously. The indoor parking gets filled rather quickly so arrive early or park outdoor. Which brings me to the point which made me give this property very good as opposed to excellent. The parking rate used to be $16 per night which i think have now gone to $18. I thought even $16 was high as free overnight parking is available all around the hotel. Try parking it on the street just East of the hotel (adjacent to hotel's own parking lot) and if you are checking out early, you can park there for free between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. (disclaimer: please read all the signs carefully).

The rooms are alway very-well stocked when you first check-in (yes, there is pop corn). On long stays, however, there have been times when i had to call house-keeping to restock some items. They were always quick and friendly and full filling my requests.

Breakfast is served every morning and the buffet is always well-stocked. Folks at the front desk are extremely polite and friendly. I did have one not so great experience despite being a regular but that was an anomaly and I have no hesitation recommending the hotel and its services. In summary, this is perhaps the best hotel in downtown Kingston.

Room Tip: Anything other than north facing rooms will have a good view of the lake on higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
David D, Guest Service Supervisor at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hello Akhan.

Thank you for such a thorough review! This is correct, we do feature a stand up shower in all our guest suites, with tubs only in the two bedroom suites and most (but not all) of the one bedroom suites.

I should clarify our parking price. It is still $16/night (on par with downtown properties) with unlimited re-entry. After taxes, it comes to just a smidge over $18. However, for guests interested in staying for 5 nights or more, the parking rate is reduced.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly to acknowledge the unsatisfactory experience you had encountered. I can be reached at the hotel via phone or email: (613) 544-4888 or gss.marriott2@gmail.com We always welcome a chance to improve!

I am glad that you have been enjoying your frequent stays with us, and I’m very happy to welcome you back for future stays too!

Many thanks!