“Great accomodations for exploring beautiful Kingston”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel to revisit Kingston...we had both attended university here and I had worked at KGH for two years so it was a nostalgic visit.
This hotel has amazing amenities. The rooms are large and bright and the fully equipped kitchen made me wish we were staying longer so we could eat in...we did take advantage of the microwave pop-corn!
Our bed was very comfortable and the room was quite quiet!
I was most impressed with the breakfast room attendant who was incredibly friendly warm and efficient, reminding people to take some fruit for a mid-morning snack...very nice!
A minor inconvenience while we were there was that one of the elevators was broken so we had a long wait to get to our 8th floor room, however it was a holiday weekend so I am assuming repairs were difficult.
I was also surprised by the $17.00 parking fee as it was not mentioned anywhere and I might have found alternative parking if I had known...there is a large parking lot at the back of the hotel but this was never mentioned as an option.
This hotel is an easy walk to the downtown restaurants and attractions as well as Queens University and Kingston General Hospital.....not to mention the beautiful waterfront.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie L
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Good morning from a very wet Kingston, we had a very heavy storm overnight so hopefully this will clear the air. Thank you for posting your review and for all the wonderfull comments. I am sorry to see that parking situation was not explained to you at check in, this should have been done and the options discussed. I will ensure all my desk agents are aware of your comment. We did indeed have an elavator fail during your stay, I am sorry about this and hope it did not cause too many problems for you. I am glad to see you would come and stay with us again, I would love to meet you in person.
Warm Regards
Mike Johnstone

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here one night in a king studio with a gorgeous water view. Furnishings are very nice. Everything was clean. I missed the section of their website that stated the parking fee so was a bit surprised. However even more surprised at the $4.03 destination marketing fee that was tacked on to my bill and I certainly find mention of that on their website. Isn't that a "voluntary" fee? If so shouldn't it be disclosed prior to issuing a final bill?

Couple of minor annoyances. No body lotion with the toiletries provided. Also didn't love the shower stall in that you need to actually be in the shower to turn it on. Lastly this is the first Residence Inn I have stayed at (and I have stayed at many) that the managers social wasn't held Monday through Thursday. In this case it is offered only Tuesdays and Thursdays. why would it be offered only to guests certain nights, not meeting the frequency standards of other Residence Inns?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

I am happy to see you enjoyed many aspects of your stay but it seems a few things did not meet your expectations.

The destination marketing fee is a city fee which all hotels collect in order for the city to better market the area. It certainly should be explained better and I will look into this today.

You are correct that we do not provide body lotion, we provide the high end bathroom amenities as directed by Marriott but not body lotion, I am sorry if this dissapointed you.

Our Glass Showers are designed to have a Spa feel, I am sorry the design did not appeal to you.

At all Residence Inns we are delighted to offer a complimentary light meal on certain nights of the business week, it is up to the individual hotel to choose which nights. We have tried many different options but our guests seem to prefer Tuesday and Thursday with the General Manager toast every other Wednesday. I have noted your comments on this.

In summary I hope you enjoyed your time with us despite the things which did not allow us to thrill and delight you to the full

I hope to see you in Kingston again very soon

Warmest Regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed overnight as we drove up towards Niagara Falls. This hotel was very conveniently and beautifully located overlooking the lake. It was modern, well designed, clean and up to date. Check in and out was easy and we enjoyed eating in the restaurant. Breakfast was included for all guests and very popular. It made is very easy in the morning for us to just help ourselves to the buffet which had a very good selection. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: our room had a great view of the water
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello from a lovely sunny day in downtown Kingston. What a lovely review to post, thank you so very much for this. Please let me know if I can help plan another trip to Kingston, 613 531 7200.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The views and rooms have all been spoken about, but we would like to congratulate the team on their customer service. Nothing was too much. In particular, the duty manager David (Dhillman?), who was proactive, gave great advice and made us feel like he took time to know all his guests. Our server at breakfast was also great ( not sure of his name, but he had grey hair and a small beard). He was attentive and so warm in his approach. On the first day, I let him know that my tea stunk of coffee as the water pot had obviously been used for coffee before. The next day, without prompting, he brought me my very own pot of hot water! How kind and thoughtful.

I did find the parking charge annoying, hence 4 out of the 5 stars as we stayed for four nights and it all adds up. I would recommend a price review when it is more than a couple of days stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again. I will be more than delighted to share this wonderful review with both members of staff you mentioned. I am sorry that the parking charge irritated you, we do offer discounts for longer stays but sadly not for this length of stay. I am looking at this, however, and thank you for the comment.
Have a great Thursday!
Kind Regards

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visiting someone in hospital is not an enjoyable experience but staying at the Marriot Kingston Water's Edge made it easier.
Our room was a very well equipped mini suite, spacious with everything we needed and more.
Dinner in the lobby restaurant was fantastic, best steak I have had in a very long time. This was a pleasant surprise, service was good but very slow. So don't be in a rush, food is worth the wait.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Kingston is very lovely, I agree. Thank you choosing our lovely hotel for your stay. I am glad we made your time in Kingston a little easier and hope that whomever you were visiting in hospital is well on the way to returned good health.
Happy Thursday!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

New, well designed facility - spacious rooms with great views and close to the downtown core hosting a wide variety of great dining experiences. Professional and courteous staff, underground parking (a nice amenity from the rain and snow).

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

5 out of 5 ! Thank you for that! Great to read that you loved our hotel, come back soon to see us. Call me if you need any help making bookings, 613 531 7200
Regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

In Kingston for a wedding. Thanks to this Hotel, we had a super weekend. Staff at check in were great. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Kids had a great time in the pool. Enjoyed the Sauna and hot tub. Breakfast every day busy. Good variety and staff seemed to keep up with crowd. Area around hotel clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Well you cant get better than Ten out of Ten can you. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us, thank you so much for posting your comments. I am sure others will find them useful.
Regards