Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
  • Restaurant
Brown's Bay Inn(Kingston)
  • Restaurant
1,333 results
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitethe sofa bedwolfe islandcomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenparking feewater viewfront desk staffthe breakfast areayogurtvery nice hotelhome away from homerooms are largewould highly recommend this hotelqueens universitysitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stay overall was very good. Hotel room was very cleaned, view of the harbour topped it all off. Good area, everything is within walking distance. Breakfast was over crowded and the wait time for the waffle maker was at least 7 minutes before staff refiled it. The housekeeping service response time was very poor, as we waited over an hour for face clothes and toothbrushes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments, I am sure others will find them valuable. I am sorry that you had to wait so long for houekeeping service, I have already doubled the number of staff in this area over the evenings so this should never happen again. Thank you for all the king words.
Regards
Mike Johnstone

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overall, a great experience at the Water's Edge. The staff were great, the breakfast, although a little crowded was good and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The only complaint was the noise from the Air Conditioning, it woke us up at night, others in our party complained of the same thing, leading me to believe that it was not a problem unique to us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello, I am so pleased that your family reunion went well. Our Air Conditioning system is being checked this week, this should not disturb our valued guests. I am so sorry about this.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This property is ideally located on Earl Street, just a few blocks over from Confederation Park.
This part of Kingston is very pictoresque, with many of the buildings harkening back to the days of the dominance of Upper Canada,
We were well received by hotel staff, and all of the provided amenities represented a very competitive package.
I am typically wary of the word "free" in association with hotel accommodations... Even though a free Mexican dinner was offered on Thursday nite, we opted for a paid dinner in town. The free breakfast on Friday morning was exactly what I expected it to be - a cacophony of kids and family members trying to secure seating and food. If your preference is for peace and quiet, a paid breakfast elsewhere might be your best bet...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so very much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased to see that you seem to have enjoyed your time with us. During the summer months Kingston is a prime destination and our complimentary food offerings do get rather busy, I hope this did not detract from your overal experience. I hope to welcome you back to Residence Inn by Marriott very soon.
Thank you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was my 3 rd visit to this hotel and I can tell you that you will be happy with your stay. I was on the second floor this time and although the view wasn't great the room was clean and well appointed. King size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel. The pool hot tube and the gym were clean and fun to visit. The included breakfast in the morning is always good, although it would be nice to have a second waffle maker the line up was getting long and some other guest were getting upset with the wait. The location is great a short walk to many sites, restaurants and parks. I hope to stay again and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

HI, you must be able to read minds I think! I was just chatting to my maintenance manager about installing a second waffle machine as I also noted the popularity. Thank you so much for also thinking of this. I am really happy to see that you enjoy your stays with us, if there is anything at all I can do to enhance your enjoyment please do not hesitate to call me. 613 531 7200 Warmest Regards, Mike

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Not my first rodeo at this hotel, I like this hotel, it's close to everything, walk to downtown, or by the water edge. They have a great restaurant pub located on the ground floor and they actually serve good food, they also have a great terrace.

Hotel is very clean and they have one of the best comfy beds. Problem that encountered every time I check in are towels. For some reason they are obsessed to leave only one bath, one medium towel and a few face towels. What's with that, not my first time, wrote about it before but you continue to not leave enough towels. We did say we were going to be two. Had problems at check in, the lady was obsessed not to mix up her order of rooms, when we were given the first room, we refused it, as it was not clean, she was receiving a big group and was adamant not to mix up order. The only thing I asked for, was another room. She proceeded to come with us, I guess she did not trust us with the key, and when I asked to talk to the manager, she informed us that he was not at the premises. Not so, I was able to find out he was on the premises. Anyway, I did not file a formal complaint, as I did not have the time or the patience after having a not so great check-in that afternoon.

The hotel serves a great breakfast in the morning and on some evening serve up some food. Don't get there late, otherwise there's will be nothing to eat. Even though you are well within the time frame, if the food has been taken by bandit, well it would seem the server will not serve anymore.

We checked in on a Thursday and the little bandit where children who needed to be put back in the place, but parents it would seem don't know how to behave in public either. So we were the unfortunate one to be told by the server, that there was no more food, and there was a least 40 minutes times left. Again, maybe the manager should be around and manage the check-in and the food you do serve.

As for the towels, please it's not rocket science just put two bath and smaller towels, not just for one, you remind me of a cheap motel. The windows were very dirty and tell your clean up crew to use the vacuum, even if the carpet is clean it don't mean that fleas don't live in the carpet.

Hoping the next time I decide to stay at your hotel, that you have cleaned up your act.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank axxiefox
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hello and thank you for your honest review. I am simply horrified that we failed to look after you on so many counts. I invite you to call me on 613 531 7200 in order that I understand fully what happened during your stay and what suite you were staying in. We provide three full sets of towels in a Studio Suite and I need to investigate why this was not the standard you enjoyed. Our evening socials are very popular and I also need to investigate why we ran out of food. I will also be looking into the entire arrival experience you encountered. Thank for the positive things you commented on, I appreciate this very much.
Warm Regards, Mike Johnstone.