“centrally located spacious rooms”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice when visiting Kingston. Both times we had a suite that overlooked the waterfront. Both times we needed to check in early and it was never a problem. The suite was a good size and had everything needed for a quick DIY meal. Breakfast is boring hotel standard, and for me, very limited as I cannot eat bread or milk - bananas and eggs it was. The parking costs $18 a day extra. There were lots of families with young children and I would highly recommend it for that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello and thank you so very much for posting your comments. I really enjoy reading each and every review and respond to every single one myself as I feel this is important. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, I am sorry that you could not enjoy our full complimentary breakfast. We do charge for parking but the charge is $16, I hope you were not charged incorrectly? If so please call me on 613 531 7200 and I will refund this. I hope you enjoy a nice week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn for one night during a weekend in Kingston. It's a very clean hotel, right downtown on the water. The room was very large with 2 bedrooms, both with Kingsize beds, and a large living room/kitchen with a pull out couch. The kids could have their own space and we had our own room. It also had 2 bathrooms which was fantastic. Each room had a TV and the kitchen was stocked. We used the pool and (very small) hot-tub. Both were very nice. The fitness center looks right onto the pool which is handy if you want to work out while your family swims. The free breakfast in the morning was fantastic with lots of hot and cold options and make your own waffles. Very busy though.

Great and very clean hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaBOttawa

Good morning from a very summery Kingston. I am thrilled to respond to this wonderous review, I read each one out at our daily staff meeting which we call our ``huddles`` I really hope to be able to say hello in person when you return to our lovely city some day.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in # 601, a King Studio overlooking the water. The suite was spacious and had a full-size fridge, dish-washer, a 2-ring-hob and plenty of dishes for the 2 of us. The bed was most comfortable; there were at least 6 pillows, of all different sizes and comfort; the desk and free internet were very useful as was the comfy sitting area. Large shower and separate vanity area. Excellent maid service: our suite was cleaned every morning during the time we were at breakfast, so it was nice to come back to it freshly made.
The breakfast had something for everybody, hot and cold food and drinks, though it ended at 10am weekends and can be a bit cramped if large groups of people arrive at the same time.
Plan on $15 parking fee, a bit steep especially for outdoor parking if the indoor one is full.
There is a nice bar and patio as well as a spa and gym area with salt-water pool, which we didn't have time to enjoy.
The best part was the way our check-in was handled after finding out that our booking was cancelled in error by the booking agency. No fuss and all was handled with the utmost care and efficiency by the check-in desk agent, including follow-up correspondence by the Manager. Now, that's service!
This property is just a few short blocks from the busy waterfront and CBD. No need for the car for visiting this gem of a city, or for a (free) ferry crossing to Wolfe Island, well worth a visit for the day or a romantic dinner.
The Residence Inn is perfect for any group of people, especially for people who like or need to cook their own meals between sight-seeing this lovely city.

Room Tip: A harbour view would "expand your horizons" while enjoying Kingston's historical water...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you! What a nice way to spend a Monday morning reading your great review. I am simply thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us in Suite 601. I will take immense pride in reading your comments at our daily associate meeting.
Enjoy the summer and hopefully we shall see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel had the best staff service that I have seen in a long time. Every staff member of the team always looked at you and said hello. The rooms were wonderful and the Beautiful view was amazing. You can walk everywhere in Kingston and take the ferry over to Wolf Island. Highly recommend that you have lunch at the Island Grill. Again the View is great. Breakfast was great and plenty of variety. We will be back. Congratulations to the staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan M

Hello. I am having a great morning chatching up with my Trip Advisor reviews. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed you stay with us. Your comments mean so much to me and my team, thank you so very much.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great layout and space in the room. Excellent facilities. Great staff. Location couldn't be better (front line to the lake, next to a marina). The hotel is 2 minutes walk to the centre of Kingston (restaurants/bars etc)

The only complaint (also sharedd by 2 colleagues from their rooms) was that the pillows were too hard. Otherwise all excellent - take your own pillows!

Room Tip: Room 409 was good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank l r

Good morning from a fellow Brit! Thank you for sharing your comments, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I note your opinion about the pillows and have ordered some softer pillows for guests to request in the future. I hope you are having some great summer weather were you are.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

OMG. My husband booked this room for us in Kingston,Ontario. It was beautiful. Great room. Basement had a work out room, pool(salt water) and hot tub. The breakfast buffet was really good. If you are thinking about staying longer that one night and like to cook ask if each room has a kitchen. Our room had a mini dishwasher, dishes, full sized fridge, two burner stove top. Beautiful view of the water. I cannot say one bad thing about our stay. It was wonderful.The bed was comfortable. I believe this is the quietest room we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask about their parking. Parking underground there is a charge? Parking outside no charge???
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Good morning. Your husband has excellent taste I think!! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We do charge for parking and the fee is the same for all areas. Please let me know should you have future accomodation requirements as I would love to look after you myself. Call me on 613 531 7200 if you need my assistance.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights on a holiday to Kingston. We stayed in a suite with a great view of the harbor. Staff were extremely friendly. Room was nice with very comfortable bed. We really enjoyed the saltwater pool as well. Breakfast had a wide variety, but stay away from the "eggs". Location is fantastic also. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 2ndhnymoon
Michael J, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hi and thanks very much for posting your comments. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us but dissapointed that you seem not to have enjoyed our breakfast eggs so much. I am sorry about that and encourage you to contact me should you wish to discuss this further, my direct line is 613 531 7200. Summer has finally arrived in Kingston and I hope to welcome you back whilst the lovely weather holds. Thanks again, regards. Mike