“Large room for a week's stay”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
ottawa
“Large room for a week's stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here on business for 5 nights and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms which included a sitting area with couch and a kitchenette. Also, I used the gym every day and did not encounter "busy times". Ate twice at the restaurant and the food was great. Morning walks by the water even in November were beautiful and refreshing. Not far to walk to other downtown restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Good afternoon from a very sunny and lovely Kingston. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back sometime soon. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to call me on 613 531 7200.
Have a great summer! Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed there for one night during the Canada Day Celebration in Kingston. Hotel was great, very clean, wonderful staff, and very modern, comfortable rooms. When we head back to Kingston this is the only place we will ever stay from now on. A great addition to the city. Wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for Water View!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello from Kingston! I just love that word ``excellent`` It made my day to read your lovely comments, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do give me a call when you required accommodations in Kingston again as I would love to make your reservations in person. Call me on 613 531 7200 if I can help. Mike
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My Wife and I just got home from 4 days in Kingston ,staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston Water's Edge
7 Earl Street, Kingston, Ontario K7L 0A4, Canada . The Hotel was more than we expected , the location is GREAT(walking distance to most attractions). Last night we ate at the restaurant in the hotel -West Seventy 6 Grill--excellent- the Supervisor -Shannon waited on our table and seemed to always know when to come by .The food was Very Good as was looking out over the water.If you are staying at the Hotel or in the area of the hotel I would suggest you eat at this restaurant.

Room Tip: A room as high as possible facing the water
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce I
My favourite word is back!! Excellent is my new buzz word. Thank you for your comments and I will be sure to pass on this review to Shannon as I know she will be thrilled to be mentioned in person. Thank you for your business and please do give me a call should you have forthcoming requirements. Regards, Mike
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here just one night arriving late in the evening. The property is very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. We have stayed in Residence Inns before and have found them to be a great value with comfortable beds and welcoming staff. This property was no exception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The ``E`` word is back. Excellent, seems to be a running theme which is rather nice. I just love reading all our Trip Advisor comments and ensure I share them with my team. On behalf of all Residence Inn hotels may I thank you for your custom and mention that I am very happy to see that we met your expectations. Regards, Mike
Toronto
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel each year when I am in town to participate in a summer institute at Queen's. I always look forward to my stay here. The rooms are great for longer term stays, with a full kitchen, great facilities and breakfast included each day. The location is central to the university and downtown Kingston.

Room Tip: The pool is saltwater and opens at 6am. I swam each morning for a week, and only ever had one other...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anna67
Thank you so much for your comments, it means such a lot to us. Thank you also for your continued custom and hope to welcome you back again. If I can help in any way with future bookings, please call me on 613 531 7200. Mike
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed one night in June and, even though it was raining we could appreciate the view and the area. The rooms are large, well appointed and comfortable. A few shortcomings were found in the bathroom: poor quality of towels; empty shampoo and conditioner bottles. The breakfast offered was mediocre and certainly not what we expected from a Marriot at the price charged. The hotel is located close to Princess St., the core area of the older city. Good restaurants and pubs are to be found close by, and there are excellent areas for a walk or casual stroll.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello and thank you. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your recent stay but less happy to see that you had issues with our housekeeping department and breakfast. I have shared your housekeeping comments with my Executive Housekeeper who has coached his team based on your review. Regarding our breakfast, if you are able to share more details with me I would very much appreciate it as we do take great pride in our complimentary breakfast, I would love to know what dissapointed you. Please call me if you can on 613 531 7200. Thanks, Mike
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the Inn as part of the Rideau Lakes Cycling Tour. Rooms were great as usual. Staff were very helpful. They even moved Breakfast to an earlier time to accomodate all the riders staying there. Great nights sleep!

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the water have the best views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you a million times for sharing your comments, we are all thrilled that you and your group enjoyed your time with us. It was our pleasure to accommodate an early breakfast for your riders. We very much look forward to welcoming you all back to the Residence Inn by Marriott very soon. Enjoy the summer!