“Nice spot but ...”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Ontario
“Nice spot but ...”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It is a gorgeous spring night in May and I have a really nice suite from which you could almost throw a stone to the water. I can't open the window because Kingston is swarming with something called "may flies" and some genius forgot to put screens on them.

I left my client a bit early to come back to the room and write up reports. At 4 pm, the room still had not been made up. For C$200 a night, that doesn't cut it.

NIce facilities all around, but they need to try harder to earn a higher rating. And put some screens on the windows.

Room Tip: 103 is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rkkbToronto_Ontario
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing your experiences. I am very sorry that we did not clean your room in an appropriate time, I will discuss this with my housekeeping department because this is not the standard we strive for. You are correct in what you state about the window screens and I am currently investigating this as spring does bring the problem of May flies. I hope you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay with us and I invite you to call me on 613 531 7200 should you wish to discuss anything further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
toronto
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I liked staying here, good views and right downtown near everything. rooms are big and excellent. breakfast buffet decent, needed bacon. (yes, i have a bacon thing, and it has to be real bacon.) would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dt400blows
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for not only choosing to stay with but also for posting your comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay but sorry you missed the bacon at breakfast. We change our breakfast protein on a daily basis and you must have landed on a non bacon day. A good excuse for coming back? I hope to be able to say hell soon, let me know if I can help with your booking in any way.
Mike
Westport, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked six rooms for a family gathering, two two bedroom, three single bedrooms and a studio. All were extremely clean, well furnished and comfortable. Especially inviting was the large studio whose only failing was that the bathroom only featured a shower. The two bedroom, which was to be the family gathering spot, was tight for a largish group. The kids had a glorious time in the large, inviting pool. Staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful throughout the visit and during the follow-up phone call to housekeeping as part of a successful search for a forgotten item. Perched on the shore of the beautiful St. Lawrence River, a boardwalk meanders in front of the hotel. Breakfast was standard buffet but overseen by alert and friendly staff, even though the hotel was heavily booked for a weekend convention. Parking is expensive but in line with the hotel which had rates on the high side for a middle-sized city.

Room Tip: water front views are choice; two-bedroom units are in short supply--book early, Marriott's cent...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I like the word Perfect!! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I am sure other users of this website will find them useful. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and may I also thank you for the business. I invest a lot of time in recruiting and training the best possible staff and I am pleased that you and your party were looked after. Come back and see us again soon. Regards, Mike
Winnipeg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night while visiting my son. A lovely large room with a full kitchen and comfortable sitting area. I could easily have stayed for longer. Bed was comfortable, but pillows were a little on the small side. Complimentary breakfast was included and while it had only basic fare, it had more than enough for my start to the day. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was ideal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank FullMoon56
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, we all really appreciate it. it is a pity that you could only stay for one night and I hope the next time you come to Kingston your schedule allows a longer stay. Please do call me on 613 531 7200 if I can be of any assistance in making your future reservations.
Mike x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel right on the waters edge. I found the place very friendly, extremely clean and tidy, well located and right on the edge of the lake with excellent views. I also enjoyed the local wine available at the restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello Martha. Thank you so very much for sharing your comments, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and hope to welcome you back again soon, now that spring seems to have arrived the city takes on a different personality which I am sure you would enjoy.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early and though our room wasn't ready they had one prepared ASAP. The room was nicely furnished and payed out - a very comfortable one night stay. We would most definitely stay there again - the cost of parking at $16/day is quite steep ...

• Stayed March 2013
Hello and thank you for posting this great review. I am very pleased to see that we managed to accommodate your early arrival and hope that the next time you stay with us it will be for a longer visit. We do charge parking in line with other downtown hotels and I am sorry you found that charge high.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First let me start by saying that I love the Kingston Hospitality. Being a big city girl, I am always blown away by the friendliness of people in Kingston. Traveling for work is never as glamorous as it seems, so to find a business hotel in the heart of the city, with a zenlike feel is wonderful.
Residence Inn Water’s Edge staff are friendly, customer service oriented, and just seem to have a calmness about them that is contagious. Walking distance to all the best restaurants and some good shopping, which is therapeutic after a full day of work.
The rooms are spacious, the view of the water makes you feel like you are on vacation, the flat screen T.V. swivels with ease, towels are a plenty, 2 bars of soap (I love this), white sheets (I love this too), plenty of plug outlets for all our paraphelia, and a fabulous, well equipped gym which, at 6:00 a.m. was my own private gym.
Complimentary coffee starts flowing at 6:00 a.m. which was perfect for my pre workout adrenaline rush and complimentary hot/cold breakfast has all the perfect healthy (and not so healthy) but definitely yummy stuff.
Underground parking is easy and I felt safe which is another reason I love this hotel.
Kudos to Residence Inn Water’s Edge for turning a work trip into a semi holiday trip.
I look forward to returning soon and maybe for a weekend holiday trip.

Room Tip: Ask for water view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lexy2
We love you for loving us! I am just delighted that we seem to look after you so well, I spend a lot of time training my team and it seems to working well. Now that the weather seems to be improving I really hope you will be able to make plans for a weekend break. Please call me on 613 531 7200 and will take great pleasure in making your reservation myself.
Warm rergards, Mike