“Good choice in Kingston”

Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Good choice in Kingston”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We recently spent a night at the Marriott Residence Inn in Kingston and were very happy with our choice. We had a 1 bedroom suite on an upper floor, which included a kitchen with all the necessary ammenties (full fridge, dishwasher, microwave and 2-burner stove top). The room was clean and spacious and we weren't bothered by noise from other rooms or the hallway. The selection at the breakfast buffet was decent, although there were long lineups on a Sunday morning. We enjoyed the salt water pool (although there still seemed to be plenty of chlorine in the water!) and especially appreciated how warm the water was. This hotel has a lovely location at the edge of the water and is only a short walk to the main downtown shopping area. There are plenty of great restaurants in the immediate area. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Good morning and may I thank you for posting your comments. I really appreciate it when our valued guests take the time to share experiences as this helps others make travel plans. You seem to have really enjoyed our facilities and I am happy that you enjoyed our location. Our salt water pool still requires a small amount of chlorine but this should not be noticable, I will check with my maintenance team to ensure we have the correct levels in place. I also note your comment about a line up at Sunday breakfast and will investigate solutions to this.
Thank you again and I hope you have a lovely weekend and that we can welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Kingston again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Toronto
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn 3 times in 2012 and would definitely recommend it. Our main reason for choosing the Residence was the availability of suites with kitchens. Although, more kitchen supplies would have been helpful, overall it was fine for preparing meals, and thus saved us the cost of eating out. The rooms were very clean and the staff helpful. There was also a breakfast buffet as part of the room cost which was nice to have. Another big attraction for us was it's location within walking distance of the downtown, restaurants and food stores. We will definitely stay there again when we next visit Kingston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. I am really happy that you recommend our hotel and am thrilled that you seem to have enjoyed your time with us. Please let me know when you require accommodations again in Kingston as I would love to look after you and ensure you get the best room available. My direct line is 613 531 7200
Stouffville, ON
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My oldest son's band was playing a show in Kingston so my wife and I decided to run down and take in the show. We wanted a night away so this worked out perfectly.

Did some research and settled on the Residence Inn. It was more expensive than I had wanted but we didn't want to stay in a motel or anything plus we wanted to be right downtown for easy cab rides. I asked for an early check-in and our room was ready when we arrived 2 hours before normal check-in. The room was spacious with a wonderful view of the Kingston Harbour. The small kitchen was well-appointed with a full size refrigerator, stove top, microwave and even a dishwasher. We had no need for these things as we were only there for one night but as a residence inn, these items were stellar. The washroom was a good size with plenty of space in the shower (no tub). The king size bed was very comfortable while the pillows were much less so but I have yet to find a hotel pillow that I like :-)

We used the salt-water indoor pool as well as the hot-tub. The pool was walk-in warm and was a wonderful way to unwind after the drive from the Toronto area. The hot-tub was small and could have been warmer but was also a nice way to relax.

All in all, it was a great place to stay and we'll consider going back in the summer with the kids and maybe go to more of the sights.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a better view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello from a very wintery Kingston. Thank you for the detailed review, I think it is great when our guests offer comments on many aspects of the hotel as this gives those who read them a great overall impression. Please do contact me on 613 531 7200 when you have your summer dates decided as I would love to look after your booking and ensure you get the very best suite available.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for business. Very comfortable, and super clean. Studio suite had very nice kitchen, living and bedroom area. I appreciated the kitchen was well equipped - have stayed at other suite hotels and almost nothing to use, but not the case here. DIshes, cutlery, wine glasses, utensils, etc. Even a scubbie for those who would wash their dishes themselves. Colleague statyed in a one-bedroom, and didn't seem as big as the studio, due to the wall that closed off the bedroom. We used another colleagues room as a meeting space (as all other meeting rooms were booked due to a large group at the hotel) and staff were very accommodating and brought us another work table and lunch right to the room. Enjoyable stay. One item on wishe list - a thicken comforter or a second blanket in the closet would have been appreciated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Good morning from Kingston! What a lovely way to start my Monday morning by reading your lovely comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that my team looked after your business meeting, I hope the meeting went well. Our One Bedroomed Suites do have the appearance of being smaller because the bedroom is a seperate room, we find these very popular with long stay guests and those travelling with children ad they afford a better degree of privacy. Our Studio Suites are our most loved option as they are so large and offer the guest working, living and sleeping space. I am sorry if you missed that second blanket, we do have extra in storage and would have been happy to deliver one to your suite, hopefully this did not detract from your comfort.
Thank you again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Toronto
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We tried the Marriott again and are so glad we did. We had been regular guests at the Four Points Sheraton but with the new owners over there things are not going so well! So we decided to book our December trip into the Marriott. I requested a top floor since the last time we stayed we found it to be a little noisy from other rooms due to their eco-toilets. I have to say that we were really, really pleased this time. The hotel is in really good shape; it's clean; the rooms are bright and large; and the pool is great. We were back for another night and this time couldn't get a top-floor room but also had a totally fine stay and didn't really notice noise from other units. We may just have had some noisy neighbours the time before. So this will be our go to spot in Kingston from here in. The breakfast buffet being included in the room price places this hotel's value above average (especially since we're traveling as a family). Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CordeliaToronto
YGKRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Kingston Water's Edge, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hello from a very cold but lovely Kingston. Thank you for posting your review, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were not disturbed this time. Please let me know when you intend to return as I would love to look after your booking myself. You can call me on my direct line of 613 531 7200
I will read your kind words out at our daily staff meeting today.
Kingston Ontario Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have always spent New Years Eve with our kids usually staying at a hotel that offers all the amenities. This past NYE 2012 we rented a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn. The suite slept 6 people with kings in each bedroom and a queen pullout in the living room. The suite had a full kitchen with fridge, stove, dinning table two bathrooms and 3 flat screen TV's, not that we were there to watch TV. The hotel has a very nice pool with a hot tub and sauna. A hot breakfast buffet was included in the price for every guest and the price was very reasonable for what we got. My bill taxes in was $279.00. A great way to spend New years with the Family and have plenty of room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was at the Residence Inn by the Marriott in Kingston from 17 to the 20th of January. Althought this is not my first time, I must admit, that I like going to this hotel. It's big enough, and small enough that you feel at home. On tuesday and thursday they even feed you supper. As you know every morning you can have a good breakfast, included with your meal. The front desk people are very eager to serve you and are professional.

Our hotel rooms where very clean, and spacious, a little pet peeve is they never have enough big towels, twice we have stayed and I had to call for room service to bring me more towels. Both time we only had one large towel for two people. I am unsure if it's just the way they do things or because they don't have enough....... it kinda of bugs me.......

Although the rooms are very clean, the studio, is rather small, and when you go to the bathroom you must first enter the bathroom and then close the room, it's the bowl that seems to be too big.

People are eager to serve you, great breakfast, there's a bar/restaurant, also have a swimming pool and hottub and sauna and small gym. Inground parking is expensive, for Kingston it's not worth paying I would leave my car in the street, and park overnight and not have any problems.

Would I stay there again, of couse, but they do need to do something about the bathtowels.

Room Tip: Call ahead and try to get a upgraded from a studio to a one room, and ask them to leave plenty of to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you sharing your wonderful comments about our hotel and service, I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I have noted your comments about the lack of towels. Please let me know when you next make a booked as I would very much like to ensure you get the best possible room availabe and of course I will ensure you have a good supply of towels. My direct line is 613 531 7200 We do charge for parking as all other downtown hotels do, there is street parking sometimes available but as parking is in short supply in the city this is sometimes in short supply, I am glad you found a space during your time with us.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.