“Great affordable hotel for one night stay.”
Review of Motel 6 Kingston

Motel 6 Kingston
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for a sports event in Kingston and picked it based on price ( $70 for the date we were travelling through Expediua) and reviews for the property.
Rooms are modern, very clean, efficient, beds comfortable. I had the best sleep I have probably had in a hotel in a long time. staff is very friendly.
great hotel for quick 1 night visits to Kingston..
Off the highway, about 12 km from downtown, but lots of malls nearby and chain restaurants such as Kelsey's, East side Mario etc. We found a great little Italian grill restaurant 5 minutes down the road called Fazooli's- highly recommend.
It took us 15 minutes to get to our final destination, the RMC the next morning.
We will stay here again when in Kingston.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear 552James,
Thank you so much for your review, I agree Fazooli’s is a great little spot next time your in town you should try Wooden Heads it is also very good!

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Kingston

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on December 11th/12 while travelling back to PEI from Ontario with her two cats. The cats were welcomed and we were given a beautiful, newly updated room. The hotel provided free computer in the lobby which was very helpful when I needed to check my emails from home and directions for travelling. Free local newspapers were also available as well as coffee in the lobby. Staff was very friendly and helpful, rates were great for the location, hotel was very quiet.

Room Tip: Off the main roads but easily accessible so there is very little noise around.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Redislander,
Thank you so much for your review, we always look forward to visits from our four legged guests as well as the two legged variety!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at Motel 6 couple of weeks ago. The service was so excellent. The young lady who greeted me and checked me in was so friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and very clean. The hotel was a great value for the money. I would highly recommend it and will stay there again.
FR from Toronto

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the above floors versus the first floor that is where I was staying. You get am...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Fariba R
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Fariba R,
I’m so glad you had the opportunity to see our new Phoenix design guest rooms! Please stop by and visit us any time!

Clayton Kemp GM M6 Kingston

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I were on our way to Toronto, and since we left later in the day than we expected, we decide to stay in Kingston for the night. We found a Hotel 6 right near the highway, and decided to check it out. With a little discount they gave us the price for the night was about $70.00. The room was not big, the washroom was a little small, but not bad at all, considering all we wanted was a place to sleep. We were near a truck stop and thought we were going to hear them first thing in the morning, but nothing at all.
The staff were very friendly and all in all I would recommend staying there when you are not looking for all the bells and whistles.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross C

Dear Ross C,
Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to your next trip through this area, we will be sure to keep the light on!

Clayton Kemp GM M6 Kingston

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The renovations to this Motel 6 are lovely. Everything is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Service was wonderful. There are limited amenities in the room; you need to ask for a blowdryer, iron & ironing board, and extra bedding. We asked for all of the above, and our needs were accommodated with ease. Forgotten toiletries could be purchased from a vending machine, but the machine was out of some key items like toothpaste. The walls are relatively thin, we could hear folks come in and out of their rooms, but the clientele in general were great! My only real complaint was the mattress quality: very springy with limited back support. I was really impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

I followed the recommendations of other reviewers and asked for a room away from the highway, and I had no issue with noise. A note to travelers: the address on the website cannot be found on a gps. I called the front desk and they gave me an alternative address to use with the gps.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Urban_nerdster,
Thank you for the fantastic review! I was happy to hear the staff was able to accommodate your requests and give you more accurate directions and I will be sure to bring up the bed comfort upon our next mattress order.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our children recommended this motel and we were pleasantly surprised. Very modern, clean and spacious with good beds and pillows. Loved the fact there were no rugs. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a great motel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kootenaycanuck
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Kootenaycanuck,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It sounds to me like you have raised very wise children! We look forward to serving you or any of your friends and family in the near future. We’ll keep the light on for you!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

A few years ago, I read an article in the New York Times that Motel 6 was trying to upgrade its image in North America with 200-count sheets, and other boutique-hotel-y-like things. Apparently, the prototype for this type of Motel 6 is called "Phoenix" and the Motel 6 in Kingston is the first such hotel built in Canada.

And this is definitely a different Motel 6. To be honest, the look and feel of this Motel 6 is closer to the Hotel Ibis, a sister chain in Europe and Asia from parent Accor Hotels. The lobby is small, functional, clean, bright, and Euro looking. No security windows like in a parking lot.

Rooms feature platform beds on Pergo floors (simulated hardwood), flat screen TVs with plenty of channels, and free Internet. The beds aren't the most comfortable in the world, but for the price, I don't expect the Westin's heavenly bed. Bathrooms are modern and functional.

The hotel provides free coffee and granola bars in the morning, and has a cheery vending area where guests can eat them. The vending machines were my favorite part of the hotel: they had the most outrageous sayings painted over them, like "mouth-watering preservatives." (Don't know about you, but I appreciated the sense of humor.)

Located just off the highway, the hotel would be easy to find--unless you use Google maps to find it. Their directions sent me on a wild goose chase.

So if you need a place to crash in Kingston, crash here.

n sister chain, the Ibis

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SAC-from-Montreal

Dear SAC-from-Montreal,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad you liked the signage in our breakfast area, those signs are amazing and I’m happy to hear they are being received in the spirit that we intended!