“2 star prices for 4 star services”

Bayside Inn & Waterfront Suites
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Gatineau, Canada
“2 star prices for 4 star services”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our first time at this hotel. We found it while driving to kingston. Here are our views:
-From the outside the property looked old and like a typical motel does. But when we paid for the room and saw it, we were quite surprised that the price was so low for such a room. Most of the Kingston hotels we've been too were really expensive and the services were not that great.
-Very comfortable double beds in our suite. There were 2 LCD tv's and a nicely decorated living room area with a kitchen as a bonus. Bathroom was a bit smaller than most hotels but it was spotless and and smelled fresh with lotions, shampoos and all toileteries.
-location is beautiful even though its on the outskirts of the city. Waterfront view was beautiful to wake up to in the morning. So the location with this view is well worth the 10 minute drive to downtown. Plus, we ended up hearing stories from so many people of how much sketchy the hotels in the downtown area are so we were glad we picked this place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JWilson00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I travelled to Kingston on business with my collegue Karla and stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time.

It is always improving everytime I visit. Same friendly service and fresh smelling rooms. They now have toileteries in all of their rooms which included big bath bars, pantene shampoos, conditioners, and vaseline moisterizers! I love it here even more with these addons considering that only chain hotels seem to have them these days. It was a bonus to have these amenities handy after a shower!

My room had a new comfy mattress (must have been a eurotop) and a large whirlpool tub which I did not end up using. It was nice to see that so many services were provided though.

Now all their rooms have comment cards too which I filled once again!

Sara Noel, room 108

Room Tip: See the room before you stay. Would help you if you have a certain preference
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 24Noel
roxy611, General Manager at Bayside Inn & Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Sara, we appreciate the kind feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are glad our staff made your stay with us as homely as possible. As for our amenities, we are slowly revamping the place to make your experience even better the next time you visit us. By this spring, we will complete the launch of our new bedding system, luxiourious bathrobes,and waterfront fireplace suites. Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

There are too many positives to say about this place. I go there every 2-3 months for work and have never had a single complaint. Because Im a repeat guest, they always give me the best corporate rate and room available in the hotel. Now their services are even better than before. They give you a 15% coupon for dining next door to their property plus have added toiletery amenties to all their rooms. I have not seen such a deal any where in Canada with my ongoing travels between toronto and montreal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick H
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Despite coming across the poor reviews of this hotel, a friend of mine pushed me to book this hotel so I gave it a try. When checking in, they asked if i was a light sleeper and explained the possibility of noise of the rooms closer to the road. Once I told them that I was a light sleeper, they rented me a waterfront executive room at their standard room rate even though I agreed to pay more. All they cared about most was my satisfaction.

Contrary to the reviews, I did not experience major noise issues at all and I am a light sleeper. There were barely 2 trains that passed by when I was sleeping with the noise being barely noticable.

My room (number 110) was very spacious, chocolate mahagony furniture just as a chain hotel, very comfy bed and veiw. To top it all, they had security cameras around the entire property unlike most of the sketchy motels out there. Security is a very important concern and this hotel definetly cares about its guests.

Room Tip: Book any room if you're a normal to deep sleeper. If you are a light sleeper, you are better off...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hanna S
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a fabulous time visiting family in Kingston and staying at this hotel. The staff at Bayside Hotel were very hospitable to our needs. They greet you nicely upon checkin unlike many of the chain hotels who could care less about whether they earn your business or not. This made us feel more homely and decide to rent the room for two nights. Rooms are very nice and updated with new furniture and amenities. Plus they have comment cards in all rooms which showed they cared more about their guests' stay than simply earning their business. For $79 we got the best deal in the Kingston area. I highly reccomend this place to everyone when making a trip to Kingston.

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterfront side are much quiter and away from traffic noice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joel L
Thank you Joel for your kind feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are glad our staff made your stay with us as homely as possible. Friendly service is one of the biggest values we focus on and that is what sets us apart from other hotels in our region. We know in the end of the day a hotel is more than just a place to sleep. Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I would highly reccommend this small hotel for its value benefits in the Kingston area.

Firstly, they have extremely friendly staff who show you the room before you stay. This offsets any possible disatisfications that may occur later. Secondly, the rooms were extremely clean and fresh with the most comfortable bedding and outfitted with every amenty in a hotel room.

I do not have high expectations when I travel but I really apprecieted the value incentives at Bayside. Next time I plan to book their new deluxe rooms when I visit Kingston which should be soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karla H
Karla, thank you for your kind feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are slowly trying to revamp the place to better your experience every time you visit us in Kingston. In fact, we have added comment cards to every guest room as a way to know what you liked best about our hotel and how we can improve.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel establishment. The place is going through some major improvements and clearly showed during my stay. Express checkin, friendly clerk in the lobby made my stay more hospitable. The rooms were extremely clean with premium plush mattresses and had toilettries just as many chain hotels do. This was by far the best hotel I've stayed in Kingston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicole W
Thank you for your kind feedback Nicole. We are glad you had a postive experience at our hotel. Yes we are currently doing some big transformations to the place. Among new amenities such as toileteries, guests will be able to enjoy our new bedding system and luxury bathrobes in our select rooms and suites. We are slowly trying to revamp the place to better your experience every time you visit us in Kingston. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and look forward to accommodating you soon.