“Unbeatable for the price in Kingston”

Econo Lodge City Centre
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went three times in this hotel. I find it more comfortable than the 6 motel on the boarder of the high-way. I am a businessman, when I am on the road, I need to get a good sleep to be in shape with my customers to give them the best service. Because, it is in the center of Kingston, it is more quiet during the night compare to an hotel on side of major road. I really suggested for worker on the road. The price is usually cheap.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peartree91
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge City Centre

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Staff were extremely helpful, very good attitude and very friendly. Above and beyond their call of duty to help you out. I would recommend it for sure. It has a good location to the rest of Kingston and the down town core. Very quiet during the night. Don't expect decent views of the surrounding areas, but at least it is only short distances to experience a pretty scenic and beautiful Kingston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank likestotravel87
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel for a hockey tournament.
The rooms were clean and the hotel staff very friendly.
The location is good for visiting downtown Kingston and the room rate reasonable for Kingston.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KanataDad
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room was filthy and despite being labelled as smoke-free, cigarette butts littered the doorway. Sheets had large black stains on them. Courtyard is a mess of concrete, and the stairs smell like fermenting urine...

It was cheap, and it was close to town. If you are willing to brave the above for that, this will suit you.

Room Tip: Even though the non-smoking rooms are still clearly smoked in, the smoking rooms are so chock-full o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LaymanTraveller
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we had to unexpectedly stay over in Kingston and checked into the Econolodge on Princess St.
we were impressed with the clean room,clean freshly pressed linens and spotless bth. rm.
a cont. breakfast was included and there was a good selection. we would stay there again for the convenience of being so close to downtown and tourist spots. able to walk to a lot of venues. the staff was friendly and helpful. good value for sure. only complaint was the old TV- maybe they are upgrading soon
Jane

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The accommodations have improved since I last stayed here. The room I stayed in had a modernized bathroom with new appliances. The bed was actually comfortable and it appeared there was an attempt to clean up the place and modernize it.

HOWEVER

At check-in the woman at the desk demanded my credit card. I figured it was for verification of my reservations. Next thing I know she is putting a $100.00 charge on to the card with no explanation of the charge. I was wondering what was going on because the room I booked was less than what I was being charged. Her explanation of the security credit-card hold in broken English was mediocre at best.
There was no direction on how to get to my room nor was there any direction on where to park for closest access to the room.
Apparently there was even a continental breakfast that I was not made aware of, and of course as result I missed the times for breakfast.
On check-out, the same lady was at the desk. She was very abrupt and didn't even ask if I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We recieved a group rate which was approx. only 5,00 off for 20 rooms not a good deal, The screen in room was bent in half propping open window so room was freezing. Hallways were dirty and reeked of smoke. Saw a cockroach on door of room. The door was also broke the security latch was missing. Friendly front desk staff though.Not coming back,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family