“Very nice, but a bit expensive”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The reason we travel to Kingston so frequently is to visit our daughter at University..(we are typically there once a month.) This hotel is very nice...there is no doubt about it that I prefer to stay here...the staff are pleasant, the rooms are very nice and clean and even the morning breakfast is good. However, this being said, the price has continued to climb over the past couple of years and it's getting out of reach for parents that are already paying a lot of money for a child's education. Kingston is full of students and you would think all the properties would love to have their parents frequent their properties, but when I called and asked for a discount for a regular customer (and at the time, a Platinum Holiday Inn Card holder), I was told "no" that they don't offer such deals. It's unfortunate, but I am seeking out other less-expensive options.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed at the Kingston Holiday Inn Express after an accident caused significant delays on route to Toronto. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful while providing us with last minute accommodations for the evening. The studio suite we received was very clean and comfortable. We did however wish the curtains could be drawn fully as we were facing a plaza with bright lights. Despite that minor issue we had a wonderful stay and were pleasantly surprised with the variety of items available for breakfast the following morning. All though we don't frequent the Kingston area often we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank PCMToronto
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would choose us again. I would also like to assure you that you can close the set of drapes behind the sheers fully as they are the black outs, the decorative top drape cannot be closed.We will look forward to welcoming you back as we are sure you will once again find the stay enjoyable.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel was very clean..perhaps because it is still quite new. We stayed for one night in a King size bed. The room had more than enough space for my hubby's Cycle. I was not comfortable keeping that in the car so they permitted us to bring it into the room.

The location is convenient to a Shoppers Drug Mart, Swiss Chalet, movie theatre, Subway....etc. There was no place to have a nice glass of wine...:(

Breakfast was included and it was pretty good. They served omelette, turkey sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, muffins, cinnamon buns, ham....etc. Plenty of juice, milk, coffee and a variety of teas.

The exercise facility was fine. It was basic but good enough. Treadmill, recline cycle, elliptical and some free weights. The pool...really small. One push of the wall would get me to the other side. Hot tub was clean and temperature was satisfactory. Nothing to brag about but it was nice that they offered it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisaofottawa
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are please you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you join us again if you are back in the area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Rooms where clean. View was nice. Price was reasonable. The rooms are a little dated but overall a good place for a 1 night stay. Nothing to right home about. The front desk staff where very nice breakfast was good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Luiza W
Brian K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly. I was also happy you found pricing reasonable. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

***I did it again, I logged in with an old log in and posted my review there. So please note that this may seem like a double review, it is not.****

We needed to book a stay unexpectedly due to a death in my wife's family. We have stayed here before and never had any concerns. This time was no exception. All though, unlike another hotel in the area (The Ambassador), Holiday Inn did not have any special bereavement rates. When we found out The Ambassador offered this (126.00/night) I realized I could have saved a little bit of money by booking with them. I paid 190/00 for our stay. However, we still enjoyed our brief stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Derrick W
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel during an overnight trip to Kingston. The room is exactly what we expected from a Holiday Inn Express. It is clean and comfortable. If you have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels than it will feel the same. We stayed here (rather than the Holiday Inn downtown) due in part to the age of the hotel. The hotel is right by the 401 and our room faced the highway. We could only hear a very few number of trucks (those using airbrakes). I would recommend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stroudcrowd

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My business hub, just off the 401 lling on business, you need a hotel quick, always ready to accommodate, even in the height of tourist season, I found this hotel to meet all of those criteria. The bonus is that you don't get stuck in the traffic downtown, you can just hop on and off the 401!

I have used this hotel as a hub for my 401 Corridor clients and it fits the bill perfectly. No issues with the room and it is directly across from a number of food and service businesses - right across the street, or you can just side next door to Denny,s if you don't have time to cross the street. l always get a good night sleep (I like a firm mattress), and the staff are great. I travel quite a bit and have not been disappointed yet staying here.

Room Tip: Pick the South side if you don't like traffic lights at night