We booked a 2-night stay in a king-bedded room via Ebookers, to visit the 1,000-islands on our trip down to Toronto. Holiday Inn Express and Suites was very easy to find just off the motorway. Check-in was easy, friendly and quick. We were allocated room 403 on 3rd floor (America/U.S. do not have ground floors). The room was a good size with a king sized bed with fridge and microwave. Wifi was included in the room price and was fast with a stable signal. Our room was fairly quiet and was at the back of hotel with a view overlooking the parking lot and some autumn trees.
For some reason we were allocated an ‘accessible room’ - I’m not sure why as this was not requested and we were concerned as the terms and conditions stated we could be moved if the room was required by someone with differing needs but in the event we did not have to move. The shower was a wet room style and had plenty of hot water and lots of towels.
Breakfast was included in our room price and there was a very good service with supplies refreshed constantly. I loved the pancake machine and breakfast had plenty of choice although fruit was limited to bananas. We were given advice to book our boat trip from Gananoque as it is much closer to 1000 islands and this was good advice. We had a 2.5 hour trip with excellent commentary. We ate in Grecos one night in Kingston town which was OK but not exceptional. For the second night we at ‘East Side Marios’ about a 5-minute walk from the hotel. This was a good quality diner, with a reasonable menu and prices.
Too summarise, we wished we had stayed in Gananoque as this area of Kingston is quite urban with little character. However, this is a good standard Holiday Inn and was well placed and adequate for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from downtown and adjacent to Highway 401, we are steps away from theatre, shopping and dining choices and offer spacious, well-appointed guest rooms and suites. Start each day with our complimentary Express Start breakfast featuring features hot and cold selections. Enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool and 24-hour fitness room. You'll appreciate the convenience of free WiFi and parking. Planning a meeting? Our Loyalist Meeting room is perfect for groups of up to 50. Visit our website for packages and special offers. Earn IHG Rewards Club Points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kingston
- Holiday Inn Express Kingston
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston Ontario