Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston
$108
Hochelaga Inn(Kingston)
$175
$132
Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
All reviewspancake machineshoppers drug martoff the highwaycinnamon bunsbreakfast roomnice pool areayogurtfast food restaurantsminute driveoutlet mallpizza hutfree breakfastgas stationking suitehotel is locatedthe hotel staffmini fridge and microwave
Reviewed November 13, 2012

At a recent stay at this hotel I did not have hot water all evening or the next morning. Not being able to shower for this period of time is a failure to deliver on the basic service purchased. I could understand a couple of hours without hot water ... but not this period of time.

Packed up and ready to go the next morning and I stopped at the Front Desk to discuss. The Manager suggested we return to the room and shower, saying there would be hot water shortly. It was after 8 am.... She also felt the Hotel had made good on its promise because we had nice beds and other services like Air Conditioning. She offered to take $10 off and 1,000 points.

This was the last week of October. I had spent a full day moving my daughter out of a second story walk-up apartment, in the rain and cold. Being invited to shower the next day, after 8 am (maybe), the availability of Air Conditioning and a $10 refund fell short of my expectations.

I wrote to the Holiday Inn who offered 4,500 points – almost enough to purchase 4 pieces of resealable containers with lids or costume jewellery. Quoting from their letter ‘the compensation that has already been issued is appropriate and supports our Hospitality Promise’. They also provided a long distance number – not toll-free – that I could call if I wanted to discuss further.

Overall, this customer service experience was so bad, on so many levels, it becomes funny.

So Dear Holiday Inn, please keep your $10 and/or points. The goodwill however is lost forever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Aceadventurer123
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

On behalf of everyone at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kingston, we’d like to take this opportunity to apologize once again for your inconvenience. In the early morning hours of October 31st there was a power surge due to high winds and it affected our water heaters. Our maintenance staff addressed the issue right away and the hot water was functioning normally by 8:30am. This was not a scheduled maintenance event nor is it a common occurrence at our hotel but rather a brief incident due to some inclement weather. Our front office manager has followed up with you directly.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've stayed at the express in Gananoque so while in Kingston we decided to stick with what works. The rest of our group stayed next door at the Days Inn. A big mistake. Having read the reviews, I decided that spending a little more would prove to be worth it, and it did. We were greeted Friday evening the 9th of November by the friendliest and most helpful staff you would want. That never changed all weekend with the different staff that came and went. The Hotel is spotless and the room incredibly comfortable. Breakfast included was exactly what we expected, not 5 star dining but exactly what you need to get going in a comfortable clean lounge. Always love the coffee at the Holiday Inn Express Hotels. The location is great, right next to the 401 and a quick drive down Division street to Princess street gets you downtown quickly. I wish I had more to say. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra. Our friends were dreading their second night at the Days Inn and we couldn't wait to get back to our room with Jacuzzi and amazingly comfy bed and pillows. Thanks HIE. Please let your staff know that they are appreciated.

Room Tip: Just choose this hotel, the rest will take care of itself.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for this outstanding review! We are very glad that you decided to stay with us and that you weren’t disappointed by the quality and service you received. I will certainly pass you compliments along to all of our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Kingston.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a three year old hotel and in excellent shape. Things are new and run smoothly. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. There is a small pool, hot tub, and workout room. There are only a few machiens and limited weights but it works for 1-2 nights. The hotel is 4 stories and the elevators run slowly, so I was on the second floor and sometimes just took the stairs. The first night I heard the noise from the highway but did not notice it the next two nights. The bathroom was large and simple. The bed was fine but the pillows a bit cheap. There was a continental breakfast included and it was average. Located next door is a Denny's with excellent breakfast. The hotel is just off the main highway 401 and a 10 minutes drive to the core. I could walk across the street to Shoppers Drugmart and Starbucks, and more fast food places then I could name.

Room Tip: The north facing rooms might hear the highway noise at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. You are correct; our hotel is quite new and modern. Our property isn’t huge but we offer a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tub, fitness room, as well as a full complimentary breakfast which includes everything from bacon and eggs to pancakes to yogurt and fruit. We also have the advantage of being ideally situated near highway 401 and close to numerous restaurants. We hope you will decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is located not far from the highway, near an intersection, in a commercial area (but it's ouside the main area and is not noisy). It's 4.5 kms from downtown.
The hotel is modern and well decorated. So was the room we stayed in (312). The suite was big, consists of 2 parts - a living room area, which is connected to the bedroom. The bedroom has a king size bed, very comfortable. In the living room the sofa is folded into a bed. This folding bed wasn't very comfortable.
The suite is well designed, has 2 big flat screen TV's, a good docking station for the iphone. Bathroom is spacious. Gives you a good feeling to stay there.
Parking is free. Wi-fi is free and good.
Breakfast was regular - a hamburger and omlette, philadelphia cheese, toasts, buns and the usual. It's held in the modern lobby, which has a fireplace and decorative 'waterfalls' running down glass windows.
Staff was very kind and helpful. Helped us get directions to Lemoine Point Conservation Area - a park, which is very enjoyable to visit.

Room Tip: Liked the suite in room 312
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. Our hotel offers a variety of standard guestrooms with one or two beds and numerous spacious suites. All of our rooms are quite modern and we are glad that you enjoyed our abundant in-room amenities as well as our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was part of a group that was required to stay at this location for a seminar in the early part of October 2012. I had booked 2 rooms and was given 1 reservation number. The seminar was cancelled and the block of rooms in total were released. I called in plenty of time to cancel and provided my reservation number. I was given a cancellation number and told there would be no charges on my credit card. A week after the scheduled event, low and behold there is a charge on my card. I call the reception desk to request an adjustment and BiBi the Manager advised me I was SOL. In short, it was my responsibility to identify that 2 reservation numbers needed to be cancelled. (I was given only one but that was my fault not theirs)?? In short, I had to go to Holiday Inn Express head office complaints to which they did agree the hotel was at fault and have agreed to pay the amount charged. Its too bad it could not have been dealt with at the desk level. I will never entertain a night or more, nor will I host any events at a Holiday Inn Express in Kingston. Way to go BiBi! : (

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank UhappyinOakville
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We are very sorry that this incident is your only impression of our property and that you’ve never even had the opportunity to enjoy our numerous features and amenities. We do understand, however, that good customer service is one of the most important features a hotel can offer and I assure you that this situation is not indicative of the service we provide on a daily basis. We believe that this situation was caused by a misunderstanding and miscommunication. We are relieved that the issue has been rectified and regret that it was not done so in a timelier manner.