“Tasty pasta dishes, outside patio adds to the atmosphere”
Review of Olivea

Olivea
Ranked #20 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Surrey, Canada
“Tasty pasta dishes, outside patio adds to the atmosphere”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate dinner on the attached patio of the restaurant. The food was excellent and the server took time to check everything was in order. Water glasses were topped off and dessert menu was offered. Extensive wine list gave a choice of choices of full bottle, 1/2 bottle nd singleglss

port huron, michigan
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. Since we are from out of town, we didn't choose this place specifically. The draw to this restaurant over others was the billboard advertising lamb chops as a dinner special. We both love lamb chops and don't get them very often. When we walked in, the hostess explained that there wasn't a table available, but if we wanted to come back in a half hour she would be able to seat us. We took a short walk and when we returned there was a table available outside which is where we wanted to sit. Our meals were cooked to perfection and the server was very attentive and personable. I have to say this was one of the better fine dining experiences we have had.

1 Thank littleamyshort
Kingston, Canada
“Birthday dinner for six”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I and two other couples went here to celebrate two birthdays. I reserved a table two weeks ahead of time and the reservation was ready for us, in spite of us arriving about twenty minutes early. Our server was friendly, helpful and attentive.

Each of us had something different: My husband had the pasta arrabbiatta with sausage, which was very spicy as he hoped it would be. I had linguine alfredo with baja shrimp. The alfredo sauce could have been reduced a bit more, but the pasta was absolutely fresh and delicious. My sister-in-law had seafood linguine, which was just mildly spicy, exactly to her taste. My brother-in-law had the pasta special, linguine with aglio olio and lobster. He said it was very good. My father-in-law had chicken parmesan and seemed to enjoy it; and his partner had another of the specials, a fish dish which came with a beautifully colourful assortment of vegetables and was apparently very good. The presentation overall was not bad.

There was an extensive wine list for wines by the bottle, but the prices were exceptionally high, more than the cost of two entrees. A couple of us ordered wine by the glass and others had draught beer. Overall, when compared to similar restaurants I found the prices high. It was nice for an evening out, but after taxes and tip, my husband and I weren't far from $100, without dessert or an appetizer. It was fine, but I don't imagine we'll make it a habit.

Kingston
“Rude Service”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Called a week ahead to reserve a window table, arrived to find someone else sitting there, the hostess was uncaring, rude, said there had been a "miscommunication" and all she could do for us was seat us anywhere else except the table we had reserved, no apology, no sympathy. At first we decided to stay and then observed the hostess go into the kitchen. We could see her talking to several staff members back there who peered through the door window at us to see what I imagine they thought were "unruly" customers. This employee should not be working in any kind of customer service in our opinion, not good for business. In addition, there was a very uncomfortable vibration coming through the floor which we were told was the refrigeration system and might stop soon (?). So we left, we would never go back, there are many other wonderful and friendly restaurants in Kingston, no need to spend your money at Olivea.

Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant meal, great service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a pleasant early evening meal here. Food is good quality and decent value, with a good selection of options. The pastas are well prepared, and the half-portion versions are a convenient size for a lighter meal.

The restaurant is very family-friendly, though we got the impression they were trying to simultaneously cater to families, formal diners and casual dinner & drinks diners. It looked a bit awkward for the formal diners, and they would probably have been better off showing up a bit later in the evening. The servers were friendly and accommodating to everyone, though, and the overall experience was enjoyable.

Visited May 2013