“Not the best”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Kingston has so many good restaurants and this one failed to impress me. My food was absolutely not seasoned! :( I had a ragu poutine and I had to add salt. I do not usually add salt on anything.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had supper at Olivea's tonite and am still stuffed. Enjoyed a leisurely meal on their lovely patio. It is a bit pricey but the food and service were superb. Had carpaccio for a starter and it was delicious. Followed that with a dozen oysters. They could have been better in that they had lost alot of their liquor ( the sea water inside ). Next was the chicken and figs on greens ( can't remember the proper name of the salad ). Fabulous and a huge serving, a meal. My companion had the mahi mahi ( the nights special ). Also very good although a smaller portion. The sides that came with it were excellent.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Quite enjoyed my dinner. Pasta was delicious. Portion was filling, the prices were a little on the higher end though.

1  Thank KimfromCanada2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

If this place is rated as 35th out of 222 eateries then it must be a different Kingston than the one I go to. This place has excellent food and a great menu. Service is excellent but I will admit it is a little expensive but worth the money. On a busy night it can be a bit loud but that's because of the decor. WELL WORTH A VISIT.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I think it's hard to find good italian food, so when we tried Olivea in Kingston, this place was surprise. We tried the antipasto (cheese & meat mix), the beet and goat cheese salad and the seafood linguine. All were tasty. The only thing was that we were expecting the antipasto to come first. Instead all the dishes came at the same time. The price is a little high and the seats are not comfortable but overall the food is what counts and they can deliver.