“Crap food and hovering service with to many visits to the table - I'm not looking for a date”
Review of The Lord Byron

The Lord Byron
Ranked #420 of 1,231 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2014

First visit wasn't sure but after second visit now I'm just pissed. Too much staff with no experience and lack of direction. Ordered surf/ turf 70.00 for below standard steak and over cooked lobster. They do make an excellent Caesar salad but not good enough for me to ever go back. Our bill was over 260 not counting tip was mildly upset last night but the more I think about it the madder I get

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Screechers9

• Arabic first
STONEY CREEK
“VERY SAD AFTER OWNERSHIP CHANGE”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We would go here once in a while as the food was always reliable (not cheap) and the service was iffy, depending on the waiter. Last night we had a reservation and arrived promptly at 6:50 on the Friday before Mother's Day. We sat down and the complimentary pickles, olives, feta cheese and garlic bread arrived. The very "nervous" waiter asked us if we wanted a wine list and we said yes. He brought the menus but no wine list. We had to wave him down for it. He brought the wine and told us of some of the specials, while interrupting us as we asked questions. We wanted to sub the Greek salad for two included soups. This was not permitted. The asparagus soup of the day tasted like dishwater with a hint of asparagus. We sent it back and they subbed the Greek salad gratis (shared by two). The dressing, while mostly non-existant, was horrible and we asked for more. It was a greasy olive oil with a few spices. The second order of garlic bread was barely toasted also. We ordered the top filet mignion ($36.00) and New York steaks. The filet, despite ordered medium, was raw. The New York was ok but nor thick enough for $36.00. We sent the filet back and it was returned burnt to a crisp. it was refused and returned for credit. The French fries were greasy, as if the oil was not hot enough to cook them properly. The veggies were only ok. The New York steak had a lot of fat and gristle. Even the Keg or Outback have better steaks at a more reasonable cost. The manger said that the steak should have a ring of fat on it. We told hime to go to Shakespeares in Hamilton or Zorros in Mississauga and there is no fat or gristle. It seems that the restaurant, since the change of owners has gone totally downhill. The food quality is substandard (new kitchen staff/ chef) and some of the waitstaff are rookies to a fine dining experience. If they don`t change, they will be gone shortly. Even when we complained to the manager, he was not obliging, except for removing the bad steak from the bill. We probably will not return, as there are so many better dining options out there. What a shame that a place, with such previous longevity, is now doomed to disaster.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank CanuckKips
Waterdown, Canada
“50th Birthday Disappointment”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We chose this restaurant for our special occasion because we had heard it was good and the reviews seem to back that.

I ordered the seafood chowder which tasted only of red peppers. There were clams in it which appeared to be canned. No other seafood so i'm not sure why they don't call it clam chowder. There were lumps of what appeared to be unmelted flour. My husband had the french onion soup which was overly salty and the cheese wasn't melted.

For an entree, I had the prime rib which was not at all good. It had a weird flavour to it and was tough. My husband had the halibut steak which he said was very good. I wanted the baked potato which was on the menu but wasn't an option. I ordered the garlic mashed potatoes and my husband asked for the roasted potatoes. I got roasted potatoes and he got rice. I pointed out the error. I was brought the garlic mashed, he wasn't given his roasted. I had the feeling that they were expecting me to give him the roasted potatoes they had put on my plate. The broccoli on the plate was a very dark green colour and did not look at all appetizing. Neither of us touched it.

The dessert tray was inside the front door where I witnessed two people standing right next to it with the one person coughing. No way I was having dessert.

Overpriced and poor quality. We will not be returning.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Claudia P
Burlington, Canada
“Great for Special Occasions!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our family of 10 just celebrated a number of birthdays and wedding anniversary there. Our table was set up in a private area of the restaurant, which was much appreciated. There was a wide food selection (appetizers, entrees & desserts) and they had the best French fries that I have had in a long time! There was a chicken fingers/fries meal offered for the young children. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was impeccable and we all agreed that we would return there and would gladly recommend this venue, especially for special occasions.

Visited April 2014
Brampton, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

An amazing fine dining experience. Wonderfully gracious hosts, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff, can't say enough about the quantity and quality of the appetizers and entrees. I highly recommend the saganaki cheese for appetizer-great flavour! I had the red snapper for my entree and it was cooked perfectly. And what to say about the desserts...almost too many choices. I left completely satisfied and can't wait to go back. Well worth the money spent.

• Visited March 2014