“AMAZING food in a comfy pub atmosphere”

The Pheasant Plucker
Ranked #606 of 1,305 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Besides being the original pub in the Unique Restaurant Group, our location has the distinction of being the oldest, as well. While the exact construction date is uncertain, it is known that the music professor, R.S. Ambrose, resided here from 1876 till 1891. Along with our beautifully original British Pub atmosphere and decor, the team at The Pheasant Plucker is dedicated to delivering quality ingredients and high level service to all our guests. With original wood plank floors, rough-hewn beams, cozy fireplace, and field-stone walls, our pub exudes classic British pub charm. Come for our fish 'n' chips and stay for a tasty pint.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having done some business nearby, I used Tripadvisor to find restaurants for lunch within walking distance. This was ranked highly and I was not disappointed. Greeted cheerfully and made to feel so comfortable overcame the potential initial reaction to the well-worn decor (although exactly as you would expect a pub).

The menu has sooooo many options, it was difficult to choose as I wanted to order about 10 items! I had the escargot & wings, while my company had brie, spring rolls and chicken club & fries. Everything was awesome! Portions were perfect, service was fantastic, and the quality of the food and its presentation matches that from any 'high-end' restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great food. Ribs are amazing. My wife loves the Thai curry chicken. We go there often with our son. Service is great. Good selection of beer on tap as well. Fantastic atmosphere.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Pheasant Plucker is located on Augusta Street, downtown. It is a mid sized pub, good ambience, good beer and great time at a sports celebration. There is an outside patio which is good, street not too busy. Food selection is great. It is a pub for sure but with a great food selection. Located just north of GO train station and south of St. Joseph's hospital. Stone walls, great ambience. The Hamilton Spectator did a review that was very positive recently. Guinness is good. I ordered a steak pie and fries and joked with the waitress about not loving mushrooms and they took the mushrooms out, didn't say anything, just did it and I was shocked. I take bankers and lawyers there and they like it, sports events are great, watch on TV and the spirit is great. August street is becoming the new Hess Village. It is peaceful and central and much better than Hess. Pheasant has a lot of character.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Food excellent and very British. Staff friendly and helpful. Owner was very nice

Reviewed June 15, 2012

great ales on tap, and a great atmosphere, old stone walls, etc. But the food has been consistently poor. It is amazing that this place has the same ownership as Augusta House across the street where the food is reliably good. So have a beer here, but cross the road when you are hungry.

1  Thank jamester1