“Great price. Hot food. Tasty Food. Cooks constantly replenishing the food. Many choices. Good service.”

Modern India Buffet
Ranked #854 of 1,276 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

the decor, service and food was great. When you walk in, there was no sign saying to seat your self etc. Have to walk in, and to the bar is where the servers usually hang out at. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Was in Hamilton on business. Stayed nearby, and we ate here one evening. The buffet had a decent selection of dishes, and contrary to some other reviews dissing the food, I thought the food was "ok". But I really like Indian food, so it would be difficult to put me off. However, the cleanliness and presentation of the restaurant might turn you off. The 80's decor ... Well, it belongs in the 80's. And I recommend a good cleaning. However, the food was decent. And the price was low ... The buffet is all you can eat, and includes your first (non-alcoholic) drink. So I had a chai tea with my meal. The price? Taxes included it came to $13.51. Can't beat that, all you can eat cheap Indian food ...

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very Tasty Indian food at very reasonable price. Less than $15 on the weekend for dinner and even less on weekdays. Great assortment of dishes both hot and cold and lots of ice cream for desert. Free soft drink refills included. Have been back many times and many times to come yet.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Tandoori, Pakora, Paneer, Masala are only few of the selections this buffet offers. Modern India Buffet is a local success story that continues to draw crowds including loyal regulars. A large selection of hot and cold dishes is available for a reasonable price. I am not frequent flyer to Indian food, so I am always impressed by the unique flavours and the large variety of dishes in this type of cuisine.

I tried the butter chicken and it was a melt in your mouth delight. I tried various other stewed dishes and the spice and flavour was superb. I did not try any hot spicy chili or hot curries but they were there. The deep fried and baked foods were a bit dry but that could be because I ate at 5pm, rather than the busy dinner time.

I could look through the window into the kitchen to see the food being made in house and see good sanitation. These are the reasons that make good cooking; variety, spices, and flavour. Modern India Buffet has it all.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We frequently eat here. It's very nice for the price you pay. The restaurant is somewhat clean but could be better. Not too crowded, with lots of space. The food is good, warm and somewhat fresh most of the time.