“Great Texmex food and even better service”
Review of The Thirsty Cactus

The Thirsty Cactus
Ranked #345 of 1,255 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to the restaurant on Friday evening. Packed restaurant but still managed to find a place to sit for 2. Warm welcome at the door. Had smoky beef brisket and ribs (for me) and chicken fajitas (for wife). When larger table became available, we were immediately moved as the DIY fajitas required more space ;). Tender brisket and ribs - falling off the bone. The service made the meal a great success! We will be back for more.

There are newer reviews for The Thirsty Cactus

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went as a family for dinner. Huge portions but mine was mostly pasta (penne) and I had to search for the chicken bits which were smaller than a crouton. Pesto sauce was okay. My wife had fajitas with burnt beef edible but won't be back in a hurry. Server's humour was not particularly funny and simply came across as offhand

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Standard Canadian interpretation of Tex-Mex. Generous portions and reasonable prices, but nothing special. The margaritas are pretty good.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just returned from a beer and wings at the Thirsty Cactus.
The wings were "freezer burn" flavored and my beer had a huge smack of lipstick on the rim of the glass...I am male...don't wear lipstick!
Graciously the waitress took it off the bill. Gee thanks!
Hadn't been in a while....gonna be even longer before I return.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I went out for lunch with a large group of women after hiking . The restaurant was warned there would be 20 hungry women for lunch and it did appear they were ready for us. There were cheese nachos on the table when we arrived. I was impressed with the decor. There was lots to look at and the staff were all very friendly. I did notice a number of flies buzzing around the nachos. I don't know how you can prevent them.
I ordered the chicken/basil flat-bread but unfortunately my lunch did not appear . I know it was confusing trying to serve twenty women but this should not happen. The staff were very apologetic and offered to send in another order but that would have taken 15 minutes and everyone would have finished, The servings for everyone were huge so I ended up sharing another girl's lunch. It was very tasty.
I did notice some people had coffee after lunch and asked my girlfriend if the waitress asked if she wanted coffee because no one asked me. My friend said she had to ask for coffee and she said the coffee was included. I missed that if it was written on the menu.
The serving portions were all more than enough for the cost and everyone seemed to enjoy their lunch. I only wished mine had arrived.