“A Hidden Jem”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a wonderful little restaurant tucked away in a small local plaza. The cuisine is Thai and Vietnamese - no matter which you choose the food is excellent. The service is friendly and prompt. The meals are fresh and very tasty. We have had cashew chicken, orange chicken, duck, spring rolls and fish in batter - all excellent. The batter on the fish is very light, thin and crispy and the fish is perfectly done. The servings are generous and if you don't finish the meal they will be pleased to give you a take-home container. On weekend nights the restaurant is very popular, be prepared to wait a bit during peak time. Mondays and Tuesdays are easier to get seated right away. The decor is attractive and the restaurant itself is very clean. The meals are very reasonably priced. This is a hidden gem on the west Mountain of Hamilton. Once you go you will be back for more.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food at this place is better than the garden variety thai/viet restaurant. The dishes I've really enjoyed have been: Pad Thai, Beef with Mixed Vegetables, Coconut Curry Shrimp, Peanut Chicken. Many of the dishes are luten free so if you are celiac or sensitive to gluten you can still have a good experience.

The portion size for lemon grass is quite good. 2 takeout dishes and rice are able to feed my family of 4 for a dinner which means we are dining for around 20$. The price for each dish varies from $8-$18 with the majority of dishing falling below $15.

I found the service to be a bit spotty sometimes especially when it gets really busy which is to be expected. Offers catering and quick take out option(takes about 20 mins).

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch, and the service was quick and friendly. The food was amazing, the interior was nicely decorated and very clean.. We will go back and back and back......

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I agree with others. The food is tasty, the service fast, delicate, and courteous. Yes there are line-ups and don't think about parking right by the door. Arriving early and parking a few hundred meters from the front door is not a problem. We stop by after a long day when we don't feel like cooking, or just to go out during the week. Other times we order to take out. The prices are quite affordable and a superior alternative to fast food. Love it!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

First off to start the night, the parking was busy so we expected it to be a good place, the decor was beautiful... however I can't say anything good about the service or food.

not only were we not even greeted by the servers, but the whole night they were extremely rude and unattentive.. Most of them sat by the bar talking and on their cellphones or eating while I was clearly trying to get their attention. How unprofessional.

3 of my friends and I were dining here, and one has a severe seafood allergy, when asked about an item on a menu, there was a language barrier between the server and my friend. The server stormed off and asked another server in their language about the item but her body language showed that she was extremely annoyed with us and as if we were a nuisance. (We were sitting at the booth closest to them.) She comes back and tells us we can order stir A SEAFOOD SOUP.. were you even listening? after all that trouble my friend ended up not even bothering to order because clearly we were "bothering" them.

I ordered the pad Thai which was nothing more than a sloppy mess with ketchup mixed with noodles and baby shrimp and cheap vegetables.

If you have any sense of "real Thai food" turn the other way. The food and attitude of servers are gross.