“Nice atmosphere with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boo's Bistro & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Boo's Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Nice atmosphere with great food!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a delicious dinner here the other night. It is a bit of a surprise in downtown Hamilton. The decor is comfortable and trendy. The menu is creative and with just the right amount of choices. We were a party of 8 and were served with professionalism and friendliness. All our meals came out in a timely manner and no one was waiting for anything. My salad of boston bibb, pears, walnuts and roquefort cheese was delicious and was served with a dressing that harmonized beautifully and wasn't over powering. I had the chicken and it was excellent. Very succulent, not dry at all and stuffed with wonderful things. A nice glaze over top as well. My husband had the salmon which he said was delicious. The prices are a little high but you get good value for your money. The portions were generous and no one left hungry.

Hanover, Canada
“Must try”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in town for a visit with my daughter, She lives and works close to Boo's. She has been in many times for lunch as it is a favourite with some of her collegues. She had never been in for dinner until she took me. We had a wonderful dinner complete with wine and special coffee...oh and dessert too! I had Duck. It was absolutly fabulous. I love to cook and Duck is one dish I don't make. It was done perfect. The service and atmosphere was wonderful. I look forward to going back again next time I visit with her.

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you haven't been, get there.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is nothing average about this place. I have eaten at some pretty upscale outstanding restaurants in my life, and this blows a lot of them out of the water. Keep in mind, its a small spot and not a lot of tables so there is no reason to ver staff, and yes they are busy (who opens a business to not be busy??) but I have never found it too noisy.
The appetizers are all amazing, but I had it to the calamari. Spicy, great mix of flavour and true to the culture. I had to dip my bread in the sauce. The mango salad is fresh, flavorful and who can go wrong with crystalized ginger?? The ancho beef tenderloin is an obvious choice. SO good!! Yes, lots of frites (and no they aren't greasy), I suggest asking for less or opting for vegetable. Presentation is good, the drinks are good, you can't go wrong here!!!
I have to squash the complaints of small portions. This is QUALITY food. It costs more. You want large portions? Go to Kelseys, sub-par food comes in big portions because its cheap.
The servers definitely aren't rude. You usually get the manager/owner and she is funny and sarcastic in a fun way. Some people have to adjust their own attitudes and manage their expectations a little better. Awesome job guys and standing ovation to Boo for bringing better quality food to Hamilton!!

Caledonia, Canada
“Expensive but worth every penny.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Thai beef salad was an exquisite appetizer followed by supreme chicken, which was also outstanding. All four in our party thoroughly enjoyed our meals and would go back in a minute. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Hamilton
“Lots Of Attitude Without The Substance”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a reservation for a table for four. We arrived (on time) and the woman there had given our table to another group - not an apology for this. The appetizers were the best part of the meal and they were average. The entrees were small , the plate was filled with greasy fries along with a tiny piece of meat. A few veggies would have been nice. The desserts were also tiny and only average in taste. The waitress had plenty of attitude and replied with sarcastic , rude answers when we asked her a couple of questions. She even told my husband that he should read the menu properly before asking questions. She has no idea as to what good service is and was beyond rude. It was almost as if we were working for her. This takes the prize as the worst service ever. The food is OK but hardly worth the price. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant - plenty of other great restaurants in the area with non psycho staff , great food and great prices.

• Visited April 2013