“Excellent Food but very noisy”
Review of Boo's Bistro & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Boo's Bistro & Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We are so happy to have found Boo's Bistro! My only complaint is that it was a bit too noisy for easy conversation. The food, however, was glorious. My husband had the lamb and I had one of the specials that day which was pickerel. Both were delicious and came with very nicely prepared vegetables. With a glass of Malbec for my husband and Pino Grigio for me we couldn't have been more pleased. The food and service were right up there with the pricier establishments in the area. We'll definitely go back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

there are some great dishes here, some great daily specials and Boo has a knack for being really creative and taking great care. But be careful about buying any wagjag coupons as they seem to just cut the portions down to take into account the coupon...as in a scallop appetizer consisting of 2 scallops for about ten bucks...wtf?

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had dinner at thisrestaurant in March 2012. Reservations were made nearly two weeks prior for 7 p.m. I was looking forward to a relaxed evening with some friends that were visiting from out of town. I had been to Boo’s several times previously as I live in the area and have always enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service.

This time, however, I was extremely disappointed.

The place was busier than usual with some patrons waiting for a seat at the bar. We had just finished our first course and about half a glass of wine when our server came to the table asking if we wanted coffee/dessert. My friend indicated that we were not quite ready yet for dessert but perhaps a bit later (we were still enjoying our wine and intended on getting another glass or so).

Our server then told my friend that “she better hurry up and order because our table was booked for another guest”. This was about 8 p.m.

I dine out regularly and I have never experienced such rude service. At an establishment such as this, I would expect to have a leisurely dinner which could last 2 to 3 hours. If I wanted fast food, I would have gone to McDonald’s.

Also, at some point during dinner, I accidentally tipped over my glass of wine. The waiter came over to mop up the mess but did not offer me a refill. That was surprising.

So, needless to say, we paid our cheque and promptly left the restaurant without dessert or coffee or the memory of a pleasant evening.

I will not be recommending this restaurant as I have done in the past.

These comments were emailed to the owner in March and I have never heard back.

2  Thank LindaJ1963
Reviewed June 10, 2012

First off, I must admit that we did not have a reservation. The waitress made us feel that she could just get us in, even though the restaurant was empty save for a party of 6. The food was quite good. I had the ancho tenderloin, which was excellent, and my husband had the lamb. The service up to this point was quite good. We had not heard any comments regarding Boo's and had gone after purchasing a Wag Jag coupon. (and we did tip 20% based on the full price, not the discounted price.) When it was time to go, I asked if we would receive the $25 voucher that we were supposed to receive. She told us it would just take a minute. Several minutes later, we decided to leave without it. When we got up to go, another waiter again told us it would just be a minute, but we decided to leave anyway. When we were at the door he called out to us across the restaurant, that we could go back and get our voucher. I replied that he could also bring it to us. His remark was "I don't do that" And my remark to him was "neither do we" Am I wrong here - isn't a waiter supposed to wait on people?
This is definitely a place we would have returned to, but after having a waiter call out across the room to us in such a derogatory way, I think we can find other restaurants we could enjoy just as much.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We simply avoid going down to "downtown" after work hours, but friends brought us here and we were all very surprised. The service, food, wine list and recommendations were all bang on. Staff were genuine and concerned about their restaurant. If you go, you will be pleasantly surprised. We'll be back.