“Terrible value”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went there for lunch with my out of town relatives Dec 28/12 at the new location on paramount. The new, updated atmosphere and decor was by far the best part of our visit. Ordered 1 small personal cheese pizza, Two lunch pasta dishes (meatless), one side of ceasar salad, one side of garden salad, two waters and a chocolate milk. Bill came to $59 before tip! I asked the waitress why they charged $7.99 for each side of salad, by the way, were very basic and plain, and she told us that because the main pastas were a cheap lunch price ($11.99-16.99), they had to get us on the salad! Was going to take it to the manager, but didn't want to make a scene at the time with my relatives there. So if you hate your money and love a great contemporary urban atmosphere, this is the place for you. Also, my sister asked at the beginning of our order if she could get 1 extra large pizza for her 3 kids to share, they told her that you can only get that for take out! She ended up having to get 3 small personal pizzas instead, another money grab. The only reason I gave this place 2 star is because the pizza is pretty good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited twice so far. The first time we had pizza, which was great, freshly made, delicious. Nice homey atmosphere. Wait staff and service was great. Based on this we decided to go back shortly after. I had fettucini alfredo and my husband had another iIalian dish which was rice and meatballs. My dish was disappointing. It lacked any flavour whatsoever. When I asked for ground pepper to hopefully add some zip, their pepper grinder was empty... So had to use a lot of salt. My husband said his dish was just okay, not memorable or something he would order again. I had a dessert which was a napoleon square. How disappointing is it when you are expecting whipped cream and it ends up as the fake stuff! It also tasted not too fresh. So after this experience we decided that if we wanted pizza, it was the place to go, but I'm not sure I'd be to quick to try another dish.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good food, excellent pizza and has a counter of cookies you can buy and take home, easy location and parking

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wow! The new one is chic and modern! Way nicer than the old location! I love all the servers/ managers who always treat me and my daughter very well. I live an hour and a half away and always come to Valentinos. The sangrias are awesome! See you Tuesday! :)

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Valentino's has long been a favorite of ours, with friendly staff, a comfortable dining room, and excellent food. The kids and adults alike fight over the amazing foccacia bread sticks they put on your table after ordering and people travel a long way to get Valentino's pastries. Everything I've tried on the menu is great and after having a baby my first meal request in hospital was a Valentino's panzerotti! They are more food than you can eat in one setting, with amazing fresh ingredients and a tomato sauce to die for! The same great sauce is on their yummy pizza and we all love their pasta and entrees too. They offer many heart healthy, vegetarian, and gluten free menu choices, of which gluten free pasta with red clam sauce is my favorite! I've never been disappointed at this restaurant and also feel comfortable taking my kids there. It's a large location, so we've never had to wait for a table, and even with a full house, the kitchen manages to keep up! The pastries deserve their own review, we've been eating Valentino's casattas, peaches, sicilian and venetian cannolis, eclairs for over twenty years now and they still make everyone smile with delight! My particular favorite is an eclair with a sicilian cannoli filling inside...and all the pastries can be ordered in miniature sizes for parties too. Our recent visit revealed that the chairs had been re-covered, and some minor reno may have been done too. Love this family favorite...another go-to restaurant for our clan!