“Hamilton's Best Kept Fine Dinning Secret”
Review of Purple Pear

Purple Pear
Ranked #84 of 1,276 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Menu prices listed on this site are subject to change.
Reviewed November 7, 2011

On Barton Street East one of Hamilton's less polished main drags you will find the Purple Pear. Located in the former Martin's Steakhouse, the Pear is a fine dining gem greatly appreciated by those who go there for it's quality food, presentation and unpretencious service with prices that will whet your wallet as much as your appetite. My Wife and I are regular Diners there and often can't last a week without a visit. No Tuxedos worn nor required but patrons will be comfortable in Suits or Blue Jeans. Mouth watering filets, stuffed chicken breasts, seafood, pastas they have it all. A lightened up olde steakhouse decor sporting pictures of Pears in an incredibly relaxed environment.

If you are looking for quality fine dining service at reasonable prices, don't miss this one!
Note closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and for the entire months of July and August

2  Thank Alland3

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We dined here on a Saturday evening after the dinner rush at 7:30. There were 4 of us and we all found the same thing...good food, very slow service.

For the money I would say it was a good value and I would go with friends again as it is very relaxed and they don't hurry you through the evening.

If you don't have 2 hours though it might not be a good idea. I could hear the table of 2 behind us discuss the time it was taking so it was clear that this was not just us noticing this.

I had the lamb and it was good for the $24 it cost. I've had far better, but at a far higher price too. Spencer's comes to mind but the meal would be 50 per cent more expensive also.

My wife had the filet done medium-well. Normally she likes medium and it likely would have been a better choice as it came very well done. I find well done beef to become chewy and tasteless and this was no exception although it was a bit more tender than I expected.

Our friends had the lamb and salmon and enjoyed both dishes. We found bar drinks to be reasonable and did not go with dessert.

All in all a positive experience and I would go back to try other dishes.

Budz

1  Thank Budz66
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2008

great people, great food very well presented on the plate a wide variety of foods to choose, great everytime

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook