“Not your usual pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Slainte - CLOSED

Slainte
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Not your usual pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Slainte is in a beautiful old stone building that was once a coffin factory. Warm wood tables, a painted floor and interesting lighting create an inviting space. The chalkboard tells you that the burgers are handmade and many other items come from local producers. Desserts are house made. We were offered a sample to try an unknown (to us) draft beer. Our charming server recommended the burger and we upgraded to fab sweet potato fries. When an order of chicken curry wafted by us on the way to another diner, we were envious. But the California burger, with goat cheese and avocado, did not disappoint. The menu features Kobe meatloaf, in a mushroom sauce, a range of savory pies and that chicken curry that we will try on our return visit. If we lived in Hamilton, I think this would become our local.

Visited April 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“Great place to go and celebrate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here on a Saturday to celebrate the kids winning their soccer play off match.
Great atmosphere. Kids made to feel welcome too. Decent food, great service and good beer.

What's not to like?

• Visited April 2013
Etobicoke
“Great place for Authentic Irish Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited this place on March 15th, 2013 to get a head start on the St. Patrick's Day celebration. My daughter and I did a little research and found this place for it's history. We were not disappointed. The owner was a gentleman and recommended the beer which was so delicious. We enjoyed the busy atmosphere and sat at the bar for our pint and our lunch which was fun. The bar tender was very attentive and made sure I had my malt vinegar and coleslaw with my fish lunch. My daughter loved the veggie burger but I think my fish could have been cooked just a bit longer. No matter. We enjoyed a lovely tea to finish off. We bumped into the owner upstairs and he gave us the history behind the building and the contents of the building which came from Ireland. This area of Hamilton has a lot of historical buildings to take notice of. We will visit again and my daughter will take her professional pictures.

• Visited March 2013
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome place! Nice city location not too far from other bars. Lots of fun, can get very busy though.

Visited November 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Freshly prepared great food. Excellent service and interesting old Irish pub decor. Highly recommend -the fresh cut fries + lots of draft beer choices.