“Great place to go and celebrate”
Review of Slainte - CLOSED

Slainte
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here on a Saturday to celebrate the kids winning their soccer play off match.
Great atmosphere. Kids made to feel welcome too. Decent food, great service and good beer.

What's not to like?

There are newer reviews for Slainte

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited this place on March 15th, 2013 to get a head start on the St. Patrick's Day celebration. My daughter and I did a little research and found this place for it's history. We were not disappointed. The owner was a gentleman and recommended the beer which was so delicious. We enjoyed the busy atmosphere and sat at the bar for our pint and our lunch which was fun. The bar tender was very attentive and made sure I had my malt vinegar and coleslaw with my fish lunch. My daughter loved the veggie burger but I think my fish could have been cooked just a bit longer. No matter. We enjoyed a lovely tea to finish off. We bumped into the owner upstairs and he gave us the history behind the building and the contents of the building which came from Ireland. This area of Hamilton has a lot of historical buildings to take notice of. We will visit again and my daughter will take her professional pictures.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome place! Nice city location not too far from other bars. Lots of fun, can get very busy though.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Freshly prepared great food. Excellent service and interesting old Irish pub decor. Highly recommend -the fresh cut fries + lots of draft beer choices.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We walked here for dinner (5 adults, 4 - 9yr old boys) from the Crowne Plaza Hotel on a Friday Night at 6pm.

The place was busy, but they quickly pushed tables together and made room. The service was quick and efficient and within 5 mins of sitting we all had drinks in front of us. We were very happy with the food. Steak was really good and the kids enjoyed fish and chips. We had a really good time and were out again by 7:40pm. Service was top notch from start to finish.

I would go again!