“First visit leaves lasting impression!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #312 of 1,213 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“First visit leaves lasting impression!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I visited here for the buffet lunch with my son on Friday and this was our first time eating here after driving past for many years. The restaurant is small and very clean and as you walk in the aromatics of the various types of foods give a great first impression and raised our expectations of what was to come. We were there shortly after 1 pm. The buffet itself was not large but offered an excellent assortment of foods and flavours that could satisfy anyone looking for excellent Indian food. My knowledge of Indian food was ok, but my son's is excellent and we were both very impressed with my son saying that the Sag Paneer was the best he has ever had! Tandoori chicken was just one of the other wonderful dishes. The the food was fresh and plentiful. While we were eating a few take out orders came through. It is licensed This is without question a place we will visit again and bring others with us. I recommend you give it a try!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert G

Toronto
“Really tastndian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Now, my favourite Indian restaurant is still Trimurti in Toronto, by far. I was worried after I moved to Hamilton that I couldn't find a good replacement.

By no means is this place as good but it's still pretty darn tasty. We usually have it delivered but every time we've eaten in the restaurant it's been pleasant.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton, Ontario
“We've been there twice, the first was the last time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

soggy food, grouchy waitors. We asked which food had milk products due to lactose intolerance, and we were told none. Both of us were sick very quickly from the lactose.
We asked which food s were vegetarian. However, to our dismay, several of the dishes on hte buffet supposedly meat free had pieces of meat in them. a totally bad experience. won't go there again.

• Visited March 2011
Burlington, On
“Wonderful Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have had a few great meals at Shehnai. The staff have been really helpful with recommendations, leading to some delicious choices. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank NKLounger
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Indian Food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Yummy Indian Food... Made the way you ask... If you cant handle spice ask for mild.. This food is authentic and awesome! But if you ask for medium heat be ready for HOT.. I really like this restaurant. Its very nice inside. Its a nice place to go as a group for a nice sit down meal. There are nice place settings with linen napkins. Great food. Yumm..

• Visited March 2011