“Steak? Yes please!”

Dining options: Reservations
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“Steak? Yes please!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Can't believe I waited that long to visit this restaurant! Not only was the meal amazing but the service was prompt and our server had a great sense of humor, which enriched the dining experience. The dining room was well decorated with a cozy atmosphere. This restaurant was such a treat; I'll recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Victoria S

Innisfil, Canada
“Wonderful service, great food! Going back!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband,myself and a friend dined here in early February. We had intended on going to another restaurant, but it was freezing cold and we reached Shakespere's first and decided to give it a try. Of course, I had seen previous reviews here on Trip Advisor, so I had some idea of what we were in for. We enjoy talking with our waiter wherever we eat, and our waiter Louis, was a gem. He's been in the food service industry all his life and knows his craft. The interior of the restaurant is very traditional; the owner and most of his family were in attendance as well. We started off with drinks and appetizers; I had the oysters and they were very fresh and tasty. All three of us chose fish from the tray that was presented to us and we were all pleased with the quality of the food. Afterwards, we had Spanish coffees and ice cream. We would definitely return to this restaurant next time we're in town.

1 Thank Louise S
Hamilton
“Great Steak!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Classic steakhouse decor. Lots of wood paneling and kind of dark. It feels like a man's place. A place where backroom deals are made by local politicos. Your $700 an hour lawyer eats here with your accountant. Very friendly staff. Menu is typical high end steakhouse fare. They are happy to take special requests. Good selection of wines. The house specialty dessert is an apple beignet that's worth trying. A trip to this restaurant is like a trip back in time to the late sixties or early seventies. Not in a bad way. Whenever I eat there, I feel like a memeber of the Rat Pack.......
Bottom line. Great food. Cool atmosphere. Good booze. One of the best steak experinces in Hamilton!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank FNIGUY
Hamilton, Canada
“65th Birthday Dinner for 2 Flopped”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have visited many many times over last 30 years. This was by far the most disappointing visit ever and it happened on the night of my wife's 65th birthday. First, as we followed the hostess to our seat, She failed to warn my wife of a 3 inch step up into the room where we were to sit. Since lighting is very dim and decor all in dark colors seeing this step up for my wife did not happen and the night almost ended there, managed to stop the fall. The meal was ordered, salads came and we had them for a very short time when all of sudden our main meal showed up. I said to the Waiter, why and indicated to him We felt we were being rushed through our meal. He said they had a large group in the private room and the chef (owner) was very busy. Rushed through our salads to get at main course (filet Mignon for my wife and Swordfish for me). My wife had ordered medium done, the steak came well done. My swordfish was dry and tasteless. Vegetables were blah, and my potatoes were luke warm at best. We sat and waited for a proper steak to come for my wife, it did but by then mine was totally cold. My wife I shared the steak. We did get an apple beigne each for desert. my wife's had a candle. Even the desserts were less than stellar, and these desserts are supposed to be their signature tidbit. Very disappointed. Time to find a new steakhouse. This one has passed it's prime. A $165 better spent elsewhere

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank NAV8R01
Burlington
“A landmark”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

There is nothing quiet like The Shakespeare in the city. You just have to go once and your life is complete. Never know which celeb you might run into, it's that kind of a place.

2 Thank Lorne M