“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover”

La Spaghett Italian Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 1,216 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good restaurant.
Picture of restaurant is very nice. Inside is very small, maybe 8-9 tables so reservations are key on a busy night, say Friday or Saturday. It is small, romantic and good place to have dinner and talk. When I walked up to it I smiled because it is located on left side of a plaza, on small side and located side by side from the Stag shop, so you can multi task on a romantic night out. LOL. So it is interesting. When we walked up, I was not quite sure but inside was good and food quality was great. Prices were very fair. Service was fine.
Emphasis is pasta, so, you can pick from a lot of types of pasta and a large amount of sauces, I think pasta is good but I'm not a connoisseur.If you go in thinking your partner might want pasta and you want steak, this is not the restaurant for you! Pasta only. Wine choice is great, desserts are great. But you have to want great pasta, not fish, not steak, not anything else.
I think the owner has passion for pasta, we had a great time talking over the wine. Maybe small and specialized is best way to put it.
Good choice of appetizers. It is small, romantic, well done, authentic.
We were a party of 3, we had 5 wines and 1 dessert and dinner and cost was
$ 113.00 before tip.

• Visited July 2013

Southern Ontario
“Options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

A fabulous find and the great part is you can see exactly what the menu options are by checking their website, but before you go - MAKE A RESERVATION! This is a very unique restaurant but it is small and fills quickly every night of the week. The menu is great, basically you pick your sauce from 30 options and then choose your pasta. 30 options still not good enough? I wanted the seafood but it was only offered in a cream sauce on the menu, no problem they asked what I wanted and told me since everything is made fresh at the time of the order I could have it my way. One suggestion the portions are sizable and you may wish to share courses rather than to each have separate courses or you will fill up quickly. Great service as well - just remember get a reservation!

• Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Good Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am never disappointed at this restaurant. Each course is an adventure in flavours . I had their garlic soup. Not what I expected, a lovely broth, rich garlic flavour but not over the top. I always look forward to dining here. Never too many times.... This place is easy to miss in a little strip mall but worth every penny.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto
“Solid.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My oldest son, in school in Hamilton, recommended this place to us for the four of us to have dinner. It felt off the beaten track, and is in an unassuming strip mall. But don't let that fool you! The menu is expansive, with many choices of categorized sauces, to which you add any pasta you want. The antipasto salad and appetizer piazette were amazing. I was a little disappointed that there was no prosecco in an Italian restaurant, but even more surprised that the server did not know what it was. Overall we had a great time, and the food was amazing. Someone in here learned to cook in Italy, or from their Italian mama!

• Visited June 2013
Hamilton
“tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We three ordered different spaghetti, ZYJ's white wine chicken spaghetti tastes really good! The olive oil shrimp palermo and Chan's Juscany are both excellent.
Oh I have to mention the dessert, the peanut chocolate fundge cake is really yummy!!!

Love this little cute place.

• Visited May 2013