“Delicioso”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Super tasty gourmet food that is pleasing to the eyes and that teases your palate. The service here was very friendly and yet attentive and professional. I like the atmosphere, the decor, and the portions were huge, we ended up packing a lot of it. Will come back.

1  Thank Neena J
There are newer reviews for La Spaghett Italian Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I ate at La Spaghett on Upper James Street in Hamilton, ON and had one of the best Italian meals we have had outside of Italy. The linguini was done al dente and the portions were generous. We split a large caesar salad before the main course and the kitchen put it on two separate plates for us. In addition to the food, the service was also great.

On a weekend night, make sure you make advance reservations as the restaurant only seats about 32 people.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I met my two friends here for dinner, we had made reservations as they recommended. One of my friends has an egg allergy and they were very helpful with advising her what she could have on their menu. The atmosphere is cosy, dark and inviting, It's a small place but certainly comfortable, it was a little cold in the room by the time we left.
The service: Very attentive and prompt. We got our drinks and fresh bread while waiting for our entrees. We all ordered pizza, they both got the same one and I got the pesto pizza. It was very good, flavourful and a nicely baked crust. I would recommend it to anyone and next time I will try a pasta dish, so many types of pasta sauces to choose from. Loved it!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Based on the several positive reviews and it's #4 rating in the city of Hamilton, my wife and myself invited another couple to dine at La Spaghett. It is located in a little strip mall next to a sex shop, but don't let that bother you. Once inside it is dark and inviting. We arrived on time for an 8 p.m. reservation and were promptly seated. As stated before in reviews a reservation is highly recommended because the place is small and usually full. The initial service was prompt, friendly and courteous and we were prepared for the wait for the mains associated with "cooked on order" food. It was about a 1/2 hour which is reasonable, and that was nicely taken up enjoying a glass of wine from their quite interesting wine list and sharing a brochetta.

We all ordered pasta because that along with pizza is essentially all that is available. You can choose between several types of pasta and sauces and combinations of ingredients and we each ordered something different. I had the volante which had a generous amount of scallops, shrimp and muscles and a lemon cream sauce. It was delicious. Everyone was happy with their choices although my wife failed to detect the taste of chevre cheese which was supposed to be the main feature of the vegetarian dish she ordered. The portions are huge and they are quite happy to box up what you can't eat. We all had enough for lunch the next day. We had a very positive experience and I will happily go back.

But here's where I risk coming across as a bit of a food snob, because although very competent and well prepared I would say that it was more like going over to dinner at a friend who happens to be an excellent Italian cook, than going to a place where there is a chef who has been trained in the finer points of Italian cooking. I always hope for grilled, not deep fried calamari which is difficult to prepare properly without it getting rubbery and so a good test of a chefs skills. Unfortunately they only serve deep fried so I passed. All the pastas were quite oily. This was obvious the next day when we took our left overs out of the fridge and the cold oil had solidified. Now it is olive oil and I expect that this is the proper Italian way, but it was a bit heavy for my tastes. What they do, they do very well, and what they do is pasta and pizza. If you are looking for other types of Italian cuisine, this is not the place. They have a website with the menu. I would suggest you give it a look. Overall the place was great and the prices fair so if you want a good pasta feed this is a good choice.

1  Thank fillorino
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Love the small atmosphere and since having our famiy we REALLY appreciate being able to take out the wonders that come out of La Spaghett kitchen! Kitchen is also very willing to alter your selection at almost your any whim!