“Good but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Piazza

La Piazza
Ranked #36 of 1,213 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Canada
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

An interesting place that I think could do better.

The antipasto could have been fresher, and more seasonal. I found it very average.

The osso buco was very good. I would have preferred polenta rather than rice.

Service was good.

Just something about the place. Average to good. Just not great.

• Visited October 2012

Alcester, United Kingdom
“Almost Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visiting friends in Hamilton we went here for a meal. The service was excellent and the food was good too. The antipasto for two (which five of us struggled to finish) was excellent. One of our friends particularly enjoyed his Osso Bucco. I would describe it as Italian style rather than Italian, but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Visited September 2012
Dundas, Canada
“Nice atmosphere, very mediocre pasta dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

our appetizer was very good, we had the calamari done in a pesto so we thought we were well on our way to a very good dinner. Our pasta dishes arrive (3 of us this evening) all having different dishes and not one of them was worth trying again. Very bland and almost dry (I had a cream sauce dish) with chicken that tasted dry and over cooked and shrimp which were nice and a nice size. My dinning parteners said the same about their dinners and we all agreed it's not worth the price to go back to for a dissapointing dinner.

• Visited April 2012
Dundas, Canada
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

the pasta was excellent, the staff was friendly, the prices may have been a little high for the fare, but it is a safe bet

Visited April 2012
Stoney Creek,Ontario
“We will Never go back !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

There was only two tables with people in the restaraunt. We waited a long time before anyone came to the table. We finally ordered our food and the waiter came back 10 minutes later telling us that they had no meatballs.An Italian restaraunt at 6:30 ona thurs.nite with no meatballs. We had to ask for bread. We had a table of eight and two of the pasta plates were not cooked. When we got our coffee they had no white sugar. When we were in the hall putting our coats on and chatting my husband went ahead outside to push the button to start our Van. The waiter followed him out and said "Was there something wrong with your food?" Husband replyed No...Why? The waiter said "You didn't leave me a TIP ! My husband said yes I did and its on the table. The waiter said another woman waiter said there was no tip on the table. My husband said well you better go back in and talk to her as I left a tip! That was the last straw, we will never go back to this restaraunt. Not very organized or smart with their actions.

• Visited January 2012